Chapter 1 - The Dark Green Flannel Shirt

Marinette's clock beeped continuously, forcing her to wake. She sat up to be greeted by posters of horses and figurines of her favourite breeds. Dragging herself out of bed, she made her way to the kitchen bench.
"I hope your ready to see Tikki, its now 9 o'clock." said her mother
"GAH" yelled Marinette. She jumped out of her seat, raced up the stairs to her room and grabbed the first clothes she found, she grabbed her cream jodhpurs, her dark blue flannel, her logoshirt that was comploslary to wear and her riding boots.
"BYE MOM!" yelled Marinette as ran towards the front door. Marinette grabbed her helmet of the hat rack and grabbed her bike. The summer morning was starting to heat up on her skin. She raced down the street, eventually pulling up at The Agreste Riding Academy. It was her first day back to the academy and she couldn't be late,

Not this time

Placing her bike of the rack outside the gate, Marinette made her up the gravel driveway. Closely reaching the stables she hears a familiar horse neighing towards her.
"Hey Tikki!" said Marinette, as she grabbed her halter. Before entering Tikki's paddock she noticed another horse, it was cantering around the corner of the paddock. The gelding's coat was pitch black, the only thing that was bright was his eyes. He walked straight up to Marinette and started to sniff her back pockets, assuming that there was something edible there.

Marinette, this is my paddock mate, Plagg, he won't stop asking for food.

"I can see that. Come on, let's get you cleaned up. We've got a lesson." said Marinette. Before she closed the gate, she heard a voice.
"LEAVE THE GATE!!!"
Marinette turned around to see a blonde haired boy in a dark green flannel running towards her, he seemed oddly familiar.
"Thanks," he said, out of breath "I-I-I gotta catch that horse, my lesson's soon."
Marinette didn't know what to say, the sun was sending rays onto his face, making his tan skin brighter. His eyes were emerald green, making her stare.
"I-I-I-I have a-a lesson t-too." She said
"Well I guess I'll see you on the main arena then." He smiled before walking into the paddock.
Marinette just stood there, dumbfounded.

Uh... Marinette, two words: RIDING! LESSON!

"Dammit! Come on, let's go."
When Marinette entered the stable she was greeted by the other horses and riders, she smiled at them. As she lead Tikki to her stall, she noticed her name engraved into the golden label on the door
TIKKI
Owner Marinette
She tied up Tikki and walked into the tack room. When she walked into the tack room she saw a familiar red hoodie.
"Hey Kim."
Kim turn around to the bluenette.
"Hey Mari, how ya been?" replied Kim
"Fine, what you looking for?"
" I can't find any of the spare shirt logos, Mr Agreste demands us to wear them again."
"Have you tried looking up on the top shelf where it's labeled 'logo shirts'?"
Kim blushed
"Yeah forgot to look there. You know, I almost thought that your I weren't coming today."
"Why wouldn't I, it's the first lesson of the year and I never miss it."
"Well, you're alway late PLUS you are the person that lives closer to the Academy then anyone else."
Marinette pushed him on the shoulder
"This year is different, I'm not letting it happen again."
"Well if you're so sure you got 10 minutes to get out there."
"Oh shit!"
Marinette raced out the tack room with her grooming box. She made her way into her stall. Marinette grabbed the body brush and stoked against Tikki's body, Tikki's coat was gleaming . After that she grabbed the hoof pick and picked the dirt out of the hoofs. Marinette sprinted towards the tackroom, grabbed her saddle and bridle and placed her ladybug themed saddle blanket on Tikki's back then place the saddle onto her back. When Marientte grabbed her bridle, which was also ladybug themed, Tikki wasnt a problem, allowing her to place the bit into her mouth. As Marinette was doing up the bridle straps on Tikki that she didn't notice the blonde boy, who's stable is across the isle, struggling to put the bit into the gelding's mouth. Adrein looked around and saw the raven blue haired girl he met earlier.
"Hey, um you." said Adrein, hoping he would get her attention. Marinette spun around.
"Yeah, whats the matter?" she replied
"Sorry to be a bother but, my horse is being a pain the bridle and my lesson is soon, s-"
"So you want me to help you?" cut in the blunette, with smile. Marinette entered the blonde's stable, Adrein passed the bluenette the bridle. Surprisingly Plagg allowed Marinette to place the bridle on top of his head, He noticed how she stuck her finger into the back of the black gelding's mouth forcing him to open it. Marinette slid in the bit and did up the throat and chin straps. Adrein stood there, amazed
"I like your design of the bridle, it goes good with his coat." said the bluenette, the design was and black leather with a green paw print on the forehead strap, it matched the saddle blanket.
"Yeah, it came with Plagg"
"Really so did Tikki" the bluenette pointed to the chestnut Appaloosa. Marinette held out her hand
"Im Marinette, what's your name?"
The blonde took Marinette's hand and shook it
"Adrein, Adrein Agreste."
Marinette was agian dumbfounded
"Wait, your dad owns this place?"
"Yeah, he made it out of his bare hands."
"He uses that to push us to ride harder."
Adrein chuckled
"You know, I think you might need to get the Agreste logo on, you'll find some spare shirts in the tack room."
"Nah I don't need one," Adrein started to unbutton his dark green flannel, showing the logo
"I got it underneath."
Adrein's tan skin was showing, his neckline was very visible, making Marinette assume that Adrien had a very toned body.
"Well I'll see you in the arena, bye!"
Marinette grabbed her helmet and placed it onto her head and zipped up the chaps, they hugged her legs. She lead Tikki out of her stall, passed other riders in other arenas. When she entered the main area everyone was already warming up their horses, Marinette tightened Tikki's girth, causing a small grunt coming from Tikki.