Chapter Nine

A/N: Hey peeps, just a quick one to say thank you for all your support. Oh, and there is a new front cover for the book. Let me know what you think. :)

Chapter nine

It was light outside when I woke up. However, the room was dimly lit. Confused for a few minutes, I wondered where I was and then yesterday afternoon events came rushing back. I was in Arcadia, the seelie court and I've met the king and queen...and I've been gallivanting around with the prince. Why didn't Mac say who he was? Perhaps we didn't want any fuss.

Sitting up I looked around the huge bedroom. I was currently on the mahogany four-poster bed, deep teal drapes fell to the gleaming wooden floor. White voiles drapes across the french doors, boxed in by carved tree branches with designs of nature etched around them, it made up for the railings outside. Beside the doors were two arched windows. Opposite me was another arched door that was open, I could see the edge of a wooden bath. I don't suppose they had showers here.

My eyes wondered over to the door, it was locked from the outside. Nevertheless, I hoped off the bed and padded over to it. Trying the handle, I was still locked in. I exhaled sharply. my eye caught the chair over near the wardrobe. Draped over the back were some clothes. So, someone had been in the room while I was asleep.

The clothes turned out to be a dress. Holding it out in front of me, I gasped. It was like a costume from the medieval period or something you would see from a fantasy film. There was so much fabric and textures; silk, wool and suede. I wanted to try it on immediately, but thought better of it as I caught my appearance in the mirror. I looked dirty and didn't want to spoil the dress.

The bathroom was large and I was struck by the grandeur. It was nothing like I'd seen before, with seven years of research on all human eras. I had never seen anything like it. The whole room looked as if it had been carved from inside a tree. Branches, likes veins slithered up the walls, creating alcoves and arches. Ivy like plants trailed the ceilings with pink and yellow blossoms hanging down.

"Wow."

It looked exotic and like a fairy tale. In the centre of the room was a large, circular bath. It reminded me of a hot tub but without the jets, on the far wall was a large fire place with implements to heat water and feel the bath. They looked familiar from the medieval period and I had actually handle some of them before. At least, I knew what I was doing. The fire was already lit and in the corner was a wooden tub with on going water pouring into it, a continuos fountain.

It didn't take long to fill the bath and I got out when the water became cool. I grabbed a towel that was perched on a chair beside the basin. Wrapping around myself I padded back into the bedroom and dressed.

The outfit was exquisite and heavy. I stood in front of the fall length mirror, turning at different angles. The ivory underdress was light and silky smooth and felt like I had nothing on. The sleeves billowed out from the elbow and fell down to my ankles. The brown bodice and vest was a little difficult to put on and I wished someone was there to help. My fingers trailed the gold stitching and embroidery that decorated the edges. I eventually managed to tie the bodice up. The skirt was like the underdress, chestnut in colour and I found I could easily move in it. It fell to the floor, hiding my bare feet. I ran a hand through damp hair, pushing it up so that it piled on top of my head before letting it fall back around my waist.

Examining myself in this costume, I was too transfixed to hear the door being unlocked.

"You're awake...and dressed."

I spun around at the tiny voice by the door, which was now wide open. It was Sweetpea, that child like fairy. Her grey eyes twinkled at the sight of me in faerie clothing and she smiled showing her razor fangs. I gulped, still unsure about this creature. Wasn't fairies supposed to me nice and serene looking. This one reminded me of the doll Chucky.