Chapter Twenty One

A/N: Thanks for all the follows, votes and comments. Keep them coming, I love to know what you think :)

Chapter Twenty One

I straightened myself up. Not having a clue how long I had passed out, but it was long enough to be in a completely different surrounding. My hands gripped the arms of the stone chair, my nails digging into the hard surface and braking. Blinking away the darkness, I almost vomited as my vision focused suddenly and the room seemed to spin. Clenching my eyes shut, I breathed out slowly before reopening them again, this time on the chains tied around my arms, forcing me to sit still. I moved slightly and realised a thick metal chain had been tied around my waist, pining me upright. My ankles were also tied, each to the two chair legs in front.

I struggled to release myself, when the chains didn't budge I gave up. Breathing hard I stared around the room. It was dark, save for a few fire lit torches around each side of the room. Black stone walls loomed up high towards the ceiling. I was at the head of the room. The stone chair, which resembled a throne was sat on a raised plinth. in front of me, in the middle of the room was a stone table, big enough for someone to lay across it. Surrounding each corner of the table were four free standing candles, unlit. That was all the furniture that was left. I glared at the dark wooden door, shut and locked. I struggled again, trying to raise my arms, hoping the chains would slacken a little. Not likely. Instead, it rubbed at my skin causing dark red lines to appear around my wrists. I gritted my teeth against the sharp pain.

At that moment, the sound of the door unlocking caught my full attention. My pulse quickened and my heart leapt up into my throat at the familiar, slight figure standing in the door way.

"Kieran?" I called out, unsure if it was at first until he stepped further into the room. His face was expressionless and he didn't look at me. He was followed by another figure, this one was taller, older and stockier. Behind him two redcaps followed.

"What's going on, Kieran?" I asked, Hoping for him to look at me. The older male laughed, heartedly then. Glee was evident on his face as he looked between Kieran and I, thick arms crossed over his muscular chest. The little redcaps laugh was high pitched as they both joined in. Kieran turned his back.

"You know exactly what's going on." The older man sneered, once his laughter had died down. He took a step towards me.

I stiffened, not want him to be near me. He laughed again, louder this time making himself echo against the thick walls.

"Oh my dear, you have been gone for so long.... you've forgotten." He said with a smile, his eyes glinted at me with wonder.

"I don't know what you mean? I've never been here before." I defended myself; a cluster of sweat began to fan out on the back of my neck.

"Just get it over and done with, father." Kieran protested at the older man.

Father? That means we're in The Unseelie Court and the bold man standing in front of me was the king. His thirst for power and control was clear to see.

"All in good time, my son. First let me ask questions. It's been a long time since we had such royalty in our court." He sneered, black eyes burning into my own. I was unable to look away.