4

Boy, Hanari had fun that night with Raphael. But then it was time to get her head back in the game and focus on weakening each of the turtles. She couldn't waste any more time.

Unfortunately for her, Hanari was encountered by someone else.

By Leo.

"Hanari!" He called.

She tried to look as confident as possible.

"Well hello there."

"Raph may have fooled around with you, but I came here to talk seriously."

"I'm all ears."

Leonardo stood directly in front of Hanari. He was starting to feel nervous again, but he was determined to get Hanari over to their side.

"Why don't you come with us?"

"I can't," she replied.

"Why not? There's nothing tying you to the Foot Clan."

Hanari gently scoffed. "Yeah there is. Besides, I wouldn't be able to do much if I switched just like that." She turned around to face the city.

"Why not?" Leonardo walked up to her. He was taller, and his lips were at the height of her ears. "A kunoichi as skilled as you would really help us out."

"Well, that's obvious," she faced him. "But I'd have nothing to fight."

"Believe me you would," Leonardo tries to convince. "We have to face a lot of things ourselves. Why are you so worried about that?"

"I only have orders to take out one group."

"And who would that be?"

"You and your brothers."

Hanari faced the city again. She wouldn't budge, there was no way Leonardo would convince her to go to their side.

"Hanari," Leonardo grabbed her hand with his as she still faced the city. "Is that really what you want? I mean, the Foot clan is terrible and you're..."

Hanari looked at him again. The touch on her hand made something in her stir, which got bigger when she saw Leonardo's blue eyes looking at her aided by the small distance between them.

"You're amazing," he finished.

Leonardo bent down and his lips met hers for a second, then he backed off when he realized what he was doing. To their surprise, Hanari reached up again to keep kissing him. Leonardo kissed her back and Hanari moved her lips in complete scync with his.

He's perfect. He's kind, generous, handsome...

It was all very new to her. Hanari had never thought that way about anybody in her life. Not even Raphael, in fact that was nothing compared to how Leonardo could make her feel.

Hanari rested her hands on Leonardo's shoulders and he held her lower back gently stroking her. He kissed her passionately as his mind raced with his thoughts and feelings about her. It was all new to him too.

Hanari stopped kissing and looked over at the ground while her hands were still resting on his shoulders.

Leonardo's breathing was slightly heavier. He freed one hand and with it he lifted Hanari's chin slightly and leaned down to kiss her again. He kissed her softly for a long time, until Hanari looked down holding his hand.

"I need to go," she said softly.

"Promise me you'll think about it," he told her.

"I will."

Leonardo took her hand again and kissed her lips softly. After that, he jumped over to the fire escape and left.

****

What the hell happened over there?

Hanari was lying on her bed thinking over and over again about Leonardo. He made her feel differently. That was for sure. He made her become someone totally different.

But they're the ones I should be against. How can I fall in love with him?

Falling in love? Who ever mentioned that? Hanari thought of Leonardo. How he was reasonable, kind. How gentle he was, it made Hanari think of him as some sort of prince. But she had to face the truth: she was Shredders daughter. But was she in love with Leonardo?

I think I am.

She sat up on her bed. As much as she really was starting to like Leonardo, blood was way thicker than water. She had a duty as a daughter, she firmly believed in honor, the honor of her clan and the honor she owed to her father.

Her heart sank when she realized she couldn't betray her father's trust. She had no good reason to.

Get it together. Remember who you are.