Chapter 20

The soft tapping of an owl brought Minerva out of her writing, she lifts her eyes toward the window were her owl waited to be let in. She stood up from the chair she was in to let the owl in and took the sorting hat along with the letter from Mr. Malfoy. Minerva had a gut feeling that the content of the letter will might not be pleasing to the headmaster.

She reads the letter which only had a sentence.

The sorting hat sorted Harry Potter into the house of Slytherin.

LM

I'm not that surprise he ended he was sorted into Slytherin since he did have a disregard for the rules. I will have to call Severus. She made her way to the fireplace, she grabbed a hand full of floo powder and threw it in. Then she put her head through the fireplace and said, "Severus, can you come to my office. I have something important to talk to you about," she ended the call quickly as he slammed his thick tone book close.

While she waited, she had an elf prepare some tea for her and Severus who had a scowl on his face as he entered without knocking. She sights at his rudeness, but doesn't comment on it.

"Take a seat, Severus," Minerva said watching him over her glasses how he took a seat right across her with only a table between them.

He noticed the served tea on the table and raised an eyebrow, but Minerva intense stare didn't allow him to refuse. He sights picking up the tea cup along with its saucer and takes a sip getting Minerva's approval.

She then gives him the letter she received from Lucius.

A small smirk appeared on his lips, "Are you going to tell me to make sure the other Slytherin's don't bully him?" he asks, and she shakes her head.

"I want him to have friends," she says

Severus is taken aback by her words, but he doesn't show it. Instead, he leans forward a little showing his interest in her words.

"He needs friends who will be true and not because of his name," she says

"You're saying that Weasley and know-it- I mean Granger. Are they not enough for him?" Severus ask

Minerva takes a sip of her tea before answering him, "Is not that. It's just that he should have a choice of what he wants to do," Severus nods understanding what she means.

"Do you want me to accompany you to see Albus and inform him of Potter change of house?" Severus asks

Minerva nods. They both left the room with Minerva leading the way with sorting hat and letter in hand.

Oh, how amusing Dumbledore reaction would be when he is informed that his precious Gryffindor will be a Slytherin. A grin lit up Severus black eyes making sure to hold down his excitement of seeing Dumbledore's plans take a shift from what he wanted.

Minerva knocks on the door, "Come in," Dumbledore says.

He lifts his eyes from the papers he was reading to pay attention to who entered his office.

Minerva placed the sorting hat on his desk and gave him the letter.

Severus stood behind her with hands behind his back as his face gave away nothing about how he was feeling. Especially his reaction at Dumbledore eyes widening, mouth slightly open in a gasp, but no words came out yet.