Chapter 45

Corvus and Daphne ran all the way to the dungeons even making some students move out of the way.

Daphne unceremonious opens the door to a potion classroom where they find Professor Snape stocking some potion ingredients.

He glares at them and demands, "Why are you two in a hurry?" his signature sneer on his face.

"We might have found a way to help Mrs. Malfoy," Daphne says showing him the book. His eyes widen slightly in surprise that could easy be missed if not looked closely. Professor Snape took the book from her hands and flipped through its pages.

"Where did you get this?" he asks eyes still on the book.

"I brought it during winter break," Daphne says.

Severus nods and places the book on a table his in full concentration that worried Corvus who could not resist asking, "Is there a way to help her?"

Severus shoulders slumped and says, "I don't if we should feel lucky or what but I know of a potion that can help Narcissa,"

Corvus brows knit together in confusion and ask, "What do you mean, Professor?"

Severus straightens up his posture, "I'm assuming that Topaz is of royal blood because it would explain on how her brother was able to cancel the effects of her mate song. However, there is something odd about all of this," he says mumbling the last part to himself than to them.

Daphne nods, "If we want answers then the one we should ask is Topaz herself," she says.

Corvus nods, Oh Topaz, please come back quick, Corvus prayed.

-Malfoy Manor next weekend-

Lucius lifted his gaze from his paper work to see Severus coming out of his fireplace.

"Did you find anything?" Lucius ask.

Severus nods showing him a vile with a blueish liquid inside, "If it was not for the book that Daphne and Corvus brought to me I would not have known what to do," Severus says.

"What do you mean?" Lucius asks getting up and following Severus out of his study.

"The song that Siren use to find their mate is simply to locate them. Then the siren has to court them and get them to fall in love with them naturally. Normally is harmless, but since Topaz is a siren of royal blood and if a family member does not accept her mate. The effect of the song will turn into poison," Severus says.

Lucius takes a sharp intake of breath.

"Which will render the people emotionless and empty with no desire to do anything which is what will kill her." Severus says before opening the bedroom door to see Narcissa lying in bed. Eyes blank staring up, body stiffen with no moment other than breathing that were close to stopping.

Severus walks to her, opens the vile and lifts the vile to her lips while Lucius was on the other side of the bed lifting her head.

"Come on you have to drink," Severus, mumbles pouring the liquid into her mouth and massaging her throat so she would swallow it.

"That potion will remove the poison?" Lucius ask and Severus nods.

"It doesn't take long for it to take effect, but what worries me is her memories," Severus says putting away the empty vile.

Lucius raise an eyebrow at him, "Meaning?" he ask.

"Siren don't use spell because their voice contain magic so when Topaz brother said that she will not remember Topaz or her feelings for her which is something I never even heard of," Severus says starting to pace back and forth.

Lucius opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it when he felt Narcissa moving. He glances down at her who opens her eyes.

She blinks a few times looking at Lucius smile of relief before glancing to Severus who was pacing but stopped when he felt her eyes on him.

"What happened to me?" Narcissa asks.

Lucius and Severus shared a look both silently urging the other to tell her.