Althea

"Zach?"

Seeing my brother and sister again, well, let's just say it wasn't a happy, tearful reunion. I still couldn't believe they were alive. And I still felt a little bad about yelling at Zach. After our argument, I hugged Vik, and that reunion was a happier one. Now Elias and me were laying on some beds in the basement. Vik had offered to let me sleep in her room with her. I declined, I had wanted to stay close to Elias. Vik had offered Elias to sleep in the room with us, but Zach had shut that down, saying there was no way a 17 year old Supernatural was sleeping in Vik's room with us. Then he had asked me why I was dating a 17 year old, but after I had reminded him, again, that he had no right to tell who and who not to date, and that I would be 17 in just quite a few days, he left it alone.

It was a few days before my birthday, and Elias was determined to make it my best birthday ever. Even though it wouldn't be very hard, he was still putting everything he had into it. "You know, my dad used to call me Eli. He never called Elias" Elias told me, as we were sitting in the kitchen. "Vik always used to call Ally, she never called me Althea. Thinking back on it, she probably couldn't pronounce it back then" I told him. He smiled, "How old were you guys then?". "I was 4, Vik was about to turn 3, and Zach had been 16. By the way, feel free to call me Ally. It could be our special thing". His smile grew bigger, "And, you can call me Eli, if you want, Ally" he said, clearly trying out the nickname. "I want to, Eli" I said, smiling.

"Hey! Guys! Althea! Elias!" Zach called from the living room. We took off running. "What...?" Elias started, but then his voice trailed off. A man around his 30's with salt and pepper hair stood in the front of the front door. "Eli, is this...?" I let my voice trail off. "Yep, this is him. Ally, I'd like you to meet my father" Elias said, his voice emotionless. I looked at him, and his face was a stony mask. "Elias" Elias's father said. "Dad" Elias said. I reached for Elias's hand, and he twined his fingers through mine. I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "Is this what you thought killing meant?" Elias's dad asked. "No. And I'm not going to kill her, she's done absolutely nothing wrong" Elias said. "She's destined to save the world. That means we will have to die!" his dad said. "No it doesn't. It means those who kill for a living will die, those who do good won't" "Did she tell you that? Is she making you do this?" "No. I believe we were wrong to take this place from them. I am going to help Ally fix this mess we made. I will do anything I can for her. Like it or not, you can't stop me" Elias said. "Well, then it seems we have a bit of a megillah" his dad said. "Yes, it seems we do". "Well, I don't know if you realize, but I can kill her too. Your my son, so you were able to, but since she put you under some kind of spell or something--". Elias cut him off, "No!" and he stepped in front of me, "If you want to kill her, then you're going to have to kill me!". His dad stepped forward, "Well, then I guess I'm just going to have to kill you then" and he pulled out a sword, like an actual full on sword. "Zach, Ally, get out of here. This is something between my father and me, and I don't want anyone getting hurt" Elias said, as he pulled out his knife.

"No, Eli, I dont want you getting hurt because of me! I'm not leaving!" I said. "Zach?" Elias asked. "On it" Zach replied, then he grabbed my arm and tried pull me out of the room. I fought against him, I didn't punch or kick, just tried to get away. "Zach! Let me GO!" I yelled. "NO! Now stop fighting!" Zach said, then tightened his grip, and lifted me up. "ZACH! STOP! Remember when you made me stay in the "safe" part of the house?! And we thought each other were dead for 13 years?! Are you really going to make me go through that again?" I said, throwing in a little crack in my voice, like I was close to tears. "Don't cave Zach! She's just trying to make you let her go, so she can die and I don't have to" Elias said. "But you don't have to! You didn't have to take a bullet for me, or take on a pack of wolves for me, or fight Wade for me! You didn't have to get hurt for me! You just did it because you're in love with me! Now let me return the favor! Let me save you because I'm in love with you!" I yelled. Elias froze. "Elias, please" my voice cracked, but this time it was real. The thought of losing him, the one person I was in love with, tore at my heart. "I'm sorry, Althea. I love you" then he threw himself at his father. "NO! ELIAS!! ELI!" I screamed. Zach carried me from the room, through the kitchen, and into the basement. He threw the locks on the door, and put the key into his pocket. Vik, and Gray, whom they had met on the road, were already in there. Vik was sitting on my bed, and Gray was leaning against the wall. Gray's real name was Grayson, but he liked Gray better.