20: Planning

Topanaga enters her daughter's room to wake her up for school.

"Riley-"

She is stopped by what she sees.

Riley and Maya are sound asleep on the brunette's bed. Maya has her face buried in the taller girl's neck and Riley's arms are wrapped around the blonde to ensure that they are as close together as they possibly could be. The two girls' legs are intwined together and they are still in their normal street clothes from the night before.

Topanga takes a minute to admire how cute the two are together, before walking over to the bed.

"Riley. Maya. It's time to get ready for school," she says.

"No," Riley complains, burying her face into the blonde's hair.

"Maya," Topanga restates, hoping for a better reaction from her.

"Fine," Maya sighs, giving into the woman's request. "Riley we need to get up."

"Ugh," Riley moans as she begins to sit up.

"Good, breakfast will be ready in a bit," Topanga says before leaving.

The two sit in the bed for a few minutes in order to fully wake up.

"Maya, I'm going to go shower. Okay?"

"Okay. I'll probably go see if your mom needs any help with breakfast."

The girls leave the room. Maya heads out to the living room to Topanga.

"Morning, Maya," Topanaga says, "did Riley get up with you?"

"Yeah, she's just in the shower."

"Okay."

"Do you need any help cooking?"

"No, I'm just about done." Topanga answers. "So... How did you end up in Riley's room last night?"

"She never locks her window."

"I meant why were you in the there?"

"I took her for a walk last night," Maya replies.

"In the dark? Around the city?"

"Well yeah," Maya answers like the question was obvious, which really it was.

"Do you know how dangerous that is?"

"You're the one with the daughter who never locks her window. Do you know how dangerous that is?"

Topanga takes a minute to think of a response, "touché. As long as you guys didn't get hurt, I guess it's alright. Just promise me you'll never do that again."

"I promise..."

"Good."

Topanga continues to finish making breakfast, while Maya takes a seat at the table.

"So... Are you excited?" Topanga asks after a bit of silence.

"For what?"

"Sweetie, your mom and Shawn are getting married! What do you think I was talking about?"

"Oh that. Yeah I guess so."

"You guess so?" Topanga questions sitting down with the girl. "Come on, Maya. I know this means a lot to you."

Maya is quiet. She begins to smile, "I'm going to have a real family... And a father that is actually there for me," Maya says.

"You are," Topanga exclaims grabbing the girls hands.