76: The Right Time

[Below is the seating arrangement for the Thanksgiving dinner. With some rearranging of some couches and furniture, we will assume that a large dining room table was set up in the family room.]

Riley and Maya are the first ones to take a seat at the table

"No, that's not your seats," Auggie retorts.

"Auggie, what are you talking about?" Riley asks.

"I made name tags for everybody, so everybody has to sit in their assigned seat," Auggie argues.

"How come these two seats don't have name tags?" Riley asks, referring to the two chairs her and Maya are sitting at.

"Because Josh said not to put name tags there," Auggie explains.

Maya furrows her eyebrow. "Oh, so Josh helped you assign the seats?"

"Yeah. I made the cards and he told me where to put them," Auggie states.

"Oh, okay. Then where do we sit?" Maya inquires.

"You guys sit over there," Auggie says, pointing them to their chairs.

Riley and Maya obey Auggie's order and sit in their seats.

Josh then comes into the room and sits down in his chair. "How's your Thanksgiving so far?" Josh asks Riley and Maya with a smile.

Maya sends him a glare. "Whatever you are planning needs to stop. We will tell everyone when the time is right."

"Yeah," Riley agrees. "We just aren't completely ready yet."

"Yeah. Just because we aren't ready now doesn't mean we won't be in the future, because we will be. Although we don't know when we will be ready right now, we will know when we are ready when the time comes. When we finally decide that we are ready we will finally ask- I- I mean tell everyone," Maya says, her voice becoming less confident as her speech he goes on.

"Okay..." Josh responds with a confused look on his face. "And I don't know what you two are talking about, I'm just here to enjoy a nice family meal," he smiles.

"What are you guys talking about?" Alan asks, as he joins the three at the table.

"Just how much we are enjoying spending time with family," Josh answers.

"And how it's a shame that not everyone was able to make it, like Jack," Maya states.

"And Morgan," Riley adds. "Tonight would have just seemed more right. You know?"