74: The Feeny Call

[The following day at the Matthews' house. (Alan and Amy's house).]

"Come on in everyone," Josh welcomes, as he answers the front door.

Riley and Maya are the last two through the door.

"Riley, my favorite niece," Josh smiles, "give me a hug." The two hug.

"Maya, my favorite niece's best friend in the world and nothing more than that as far as the rest of my family is currently aware of, can a get a hug too?" Josh asks, with his arms extended out for a hug.

Maya shoots him a glare, before smacking his arm. "Josh, keep your voice down."

Josh laughs. "Okay, okay, but I don't get why you two are still keeping this whole thing a secret."

"The right time just hasn't come yet," Riley argues.

"Our entire family is going to be here today. If I were one of you two, I would make sure that you find the right time today."

"I thought it was just going to be us," Maya states.

"Us?" Josh asks. "Who do you mean by us?"

"Riley, me, you, Auggie, Cory, Topanga, Shawn, my mom, and Riley's grandparents," Maya answers.

"Nope. There's going to be more," Josh says.

"Who else is coming?" Riley questions.

"Feeny and a few others," Josh responds.

"Who else is a few others?" Maya asks.

"I guess you'll see," Josh smirks, as he walks away.

"It's like he is always up to something," Maya says to Riley.

"Don't worry about it. Let's go sit down," Riley suggests.

[About half an hour passes. Riley, Maya and mostly everyone else are in the living room talking. Nobody else has arrived at the house. Maya hasn't done much talking, as she has been worrying about what happened last night in the hotel room with Riley.]

"Are you okay, Maya?" Riley asks, snapping the blonde out of her thoughts.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm going to go to the kitchen and get something to drink really quick. Do you want anything?"

"I'm fine, but thank you."

Maya gets up and heads over to the kitchen, where she finds Amy alone.

"How are you, Maya? Do you need anything?" Amy asks, as she hugs Maya.

"Some water would be nice. Thank you, Mrs. Matthews."

"Coming right up," Amy smiles. "I'm glad to see that you and Riley are still best friends. You two remind me of Cory and Shawn back in the day."

Amy hands Maya a glass of water.

"So we have heard," Maya says. She looks out the window and over at Feeny's house. "I heard that Mr. Feeny is coming for dinner today. Is that true?"

"It is," Amy confirms. "In fact he should be over any minute now. You can go over to his house to see if he is ready. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

"Okay," Maya says, as she gets up to go outside.

Once outside, it takes her a minute to muster up the courage to go over to his house.

She approaches the gate and shyly asks, "Mr. Feeny? Are you there? Everyone one is expecting you to be at the Matthews' house soon."

She waits a moment, but doesn't get a response.

"That's not how you do the Feeny call." She hears someone whisper in her ear.

Maya turns her head to the left to find Eric's face right next to her's. She immediately jumps back. "Shi- Eric you scared me."

"This is how you do the Feeny call," Eric states.

Eric clears his voice. "Feeny! Fee-hee-hee-hee-heenay!" Eric shouts, before turning towards Maya and saying, "come on, you have to do it with me."

Maya smiles.

"Feeny! Fee-hee-hee-hee-heenay! Feeny!" They both shout in unison.

Suddenly Feeny's door opens. "Mr. Matthews, long time no see."

"Feeny!" Eric exclaims. "You're alive!" He then runs over to his former teacher and hugs him.

Feeny stands with his arms at his sides. "It's nice to see you too, Eric."

Eric lets go of Feeny. "I thought they were kidding when they said you were still kicking, but here you are!"

"Here I am."

"Did you hear that I became a senator of the grape state of New York?" Eric asks.

"I did," Mr. Feeny confirms.

"Who would have ever expected that?"

"I don't know, but I'm glad I don't live in New York."

Eric smiles. "Joke all you want, Mr. Feeny, but I know you love me. Even if you've never said it, I know you love me."

All Feeny does is smile. "Is there a reason you came over here, Mr. Matthews?"

"Oh, I was just helping Marilyn Monroe over there with the Feeny call," Eric says, as he points to Maya.

"Oh, very well then. Is there a reason you came over here?" Feeny asks Maya.

"I was hoping to talk to you about something," Maya says.

Eric sets his hand on one of Maya's shoulders. "I'm all ears, Mary Lou."

Maya shakes her head in confusion and pushes Eric's hand off of her shoulder. "Not you."

"Oh right. Well this is awkward... See you guys later," Eric says, as he heads back inside.

"Here, come sit down," Feeny suggests. The two sit down on a bench he has in his yard. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: It looks like Maya went to Feeny for advice, which is always a good idea, but what does she need to tell him? Why didn't she choose to go to anyone else? What is her secret? A lot of you seem to have the same idea of what Maya may be hiding. I guess we will have to find out if all of you are right in the next chapter...