You darlin'. I want you. {Chapter 10}

"Thanks Liz," I smiled into my phone, flipping through pages of seventeen magazine.

"Hey, you know I'm always here for you. Always, Ave's." Liz said. I hadn't realized how much I missed her voice until she called. 

I tossed the magazine aside and curled up on my bed. I began tucking my knees beneath my chin before realizing I no longer could. My stomach was just too big. 

"I know. I appreciate it, I really do." 

The door shut from downstairs, signaling Hayden's return. I relaxed, feeling safer knowing he was home. Brady always offered to stay with me on the weekends that Hayden had to work, but there was no way I would get that past Hayden. 

"I can't believe you're having twins! That's so insane! You must be huge..." Liz chirped. I rolled my eyes, but grinned at her cheeriness. "Have you thought of any baby names yet?" 

I shrugged, mostly to myself. "I have a couple in mind, but I have to talk to Brady first." 

"Well -" Liz paused. 

"Liz?" 

Suddenly, my bedroom door swung open. "I was thinking Liz for a girl. Or for a boy. It's a good name."  

In my doorway, stood my best friend. 

"Ohmygosh!" I screamed, doing my best to run to her. 

She met me on my bed, gathering me in her arms. "Hi Ave's," she whispered into my hair. "I missed you."

"Liz!" I squealed. "What are you doing here? How? I-"

"I've been talking with Hayden. He said you could use a friend right now so he flew me out here!" She beamed, squeezing my arm. 

"But don't you have school?" I questioned, starting to feel guilty. 

"Actually, I had already started online classes right before...the accident. I can do school from here." 

"But what about senior year? You don't want to be there?"  

"Hey, what's with the interrogation? I can go if my education is that important to you." Liz muttered, a hint of a smile touching her lips. 

"No! No, I'm sorry. I just didn't want you to miss out on anything because of me. I'm so happy that you're here. Really." Relief flooded over me. Liz was here. My best friend was here and everything was going to be okay for now. 

Liz slid a hand over my growing belly. "i know you're not supposed to say this to a pregnant chick, but damn, you're big, Ava."

I rolled my eyes and flopped down on my bed. "I know, it's awful. Everyone at school knows now. As if being the new girl wasn't already bad enough, I'm the pregnant new girl who's dating Brady Anderson." 

"Wait, you two are officially dating now? Why didn't I know this?" Liz questioned, laying down next to me. 

"Because I guess it's not, like, official. I mean, it is, but it isn't. You know?" I muttered.

"No, I don't know."

"Okay, so we had this chat with Hazel - his ex." I continued filling Liz in on the drama that had occurred over the past week. Part of me was excited to have someone to finally talk to, while the other part just wanted to forget about last week all together.

Liz remained silent after I had finished talking, a rare feat for her. "Liz? What are you thinking?" 

"I'm thinking you must be pretty hormonal to hook up with Brady like that." she mumbled, looking at the ceiling. "That's not like you."