unum;one

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

My shoes steps on the brown colored autumn leaves as I sighed. Another morning, another reason to why I should move to Atlantic. I looked up, the big creme colored building in sight. I sped up my pace and soon I reached the front gate. I look around, teenagers running everywhere.

Some under a large tree, either talking, on their gadgets, studying, or making out. Disgusting.

I walk past them and into the school, where the warm air welcomes me gladly. I ignore the laughs of all the cheerful satanic teens who likes being in school, and rush to my locker at the end of the hallway, number 516.

I took off my jacket before opening my locker door and quickly shoving my jacket inside to avoid my books falling out. My locker is basically my bookshelf, scratch that, my piggy bank where I keep all my valuable stuff. I quickly tie the ends of my jacket to the hinges and proceeded to squat down, my eyes the same level as the bottom part of the locker where I keep my school stuff.

I put my shitty backpack aside and take out my history, math, and geography books. I stuff them inside my backpack and untie my jacket from the hinges. I quickly slam my door shut, earning disapproving looks from some people which I ignored. I put on my jacket over my loose tank top and proceeded to walk to history, where I will be learning troublesome history from the past, and also where this hellhole of a place start to ruin my day.

-

I walk out of the school door, a couple kids shoving and pushing me. I ignore their glares and walk to the school gate, where a black car was waiting. I smiled, the first time today. I sped up my pace and put on my hoodie over my head as I open the door of the passenger seat. I slipped in and throw my backpack
to the back of the car, earning a yelp and a 'Hey!'

I smiled, knowing Michael is sleeping, well, was sleeping.

"How was school?" Calum asked from the driver seat, taking off his sunglasses.

"Must I?" I asked him, taking off my hoodie and fixing my hair.

"Yeah, Cal, must she?" Michael suddenly popped in from the backseat of the car, mocking him.

"Shut the fuck up before I hit you with my mexican shovel," Calum sent Michael a death glare from the rear view mirror.

"You're kiwi," I pressed in.

"You too shut up," Calum pointed at me, snickering as he turn on the engine.

"Just drive," Michael groaned, slapping the side of Calum's head.

Calum rolled his eyes and stomp on the gas, the car jerking forward. He did this a couple times because he likes to see Michael suffering from getting pinballed in the backseat of the car. Once we arrive in Calum's house, we got out, Michael carrying my backpack.

"Mali I'm home!" Calum shouted as we enter the house.

"Genesis!" Mali suddenly rushed out from the kitchen and hug me tightly.

"Malibear," I smiled, hugging her just as tight.

"Make yourself at home, and Michael, don't smash the TV again," Mali gave Michael a stern look as she pulls away and he raised his hands in defense.

Mali then walks back to the kitchen as we stood there.

"We should smash the TV again," Michael broke the silence.

"No! Mali will-" Calum said.

"Love it, I know,"

"Michael-"

"Is the greatest,"

"I will-"

"Bow down to Michael,"

I grumbled and slapped the both of them, not too hard though, They yelped and rubbed their cheek.

"Hey!" They yelped in unison as I laughed.

"Now come on, let's watch some shitty movies instead of smashing the TV," I said, walking to the living room.

"Uhm actually, we gotta go to band practice," Calum said behind me.

I whipped my head around and sighed before nodding.

"We'll be back before 6, and then I'll drive you to your house," Calum said again before hugging me.

Michael did the same and I waved goodbye to them before heading to the living room and sitting on the couch. I turn on the TV and flipped through some channels, not realizing my eyes getting droopier.