duo;two

My body was shook violently by someone and I pry my eyes open. A blurry figure is in my sight, so I blinked my eyes a couple times to adjust and finally clears out. 

"What time is it?" I croaked out, my throat hurting.

"9:37," Calum said quietly and I shot up.

"What?! You told me you would be back by 6!" I shouted, rushing up to get my backpack.

"Sorry, come on, I'll drive you home," Calum said as he picks up his keys and walk out.

I fixed my hair before following him into the car. Calum wasted no time in turning the car on and we bolted to my house silently. Once we arrived, I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and look to the window on the second floor which is my room. 

"Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow," I mumbled before getting out.

I grumbled before walking to the porch and climbed on the fence, up to the second floor. I reached for the ledge and pull myself up so I was squating on my window ledge. I slide the window up and hop into my small room. I locked the door quietly and sighed in relief before falling onto my hard bed. I didn't even bother to turn off the lights since my room is already dimly lit. I closed my eyes and gulped hard before falling into a deep sleep. 

-

My phone rung loudly from my backpack and I jumped up from my bed. I take out my phone and turn the alarm off, my screen blaring lights onto my dark room. Great, 5:45 AM. I quickly take a black tank top, black skinny jeans, undergarments, and my jacket before silently walking to the bathroom outside of my room. I stripped out of my clothing before taking a cold shower, I looked to my phone beside the sink that says 5:59 AM which means I got around 5 more minutes to take a shower before my mom and sister wakes up to take a shower. 

Unless my mom didn't come home last night.

I quickly turn off the shower and got dressed in my clothes before exiting silently and into my room. I set my backpack aside and sat on my bed with my pencil case and homework with me. I did my homework, which doesn't take me a long time.

-

Time has passed and it's 6:56 AM, meaning Calum will pick me up in about 10 minutes. I silently walk down the stairs with my jacket in hand and into the kitchen.

Where, unfortunately, my mom is standing with a bottle of.... vodka.

I pursed my lips into a tight line as she looked at me with bloodshot eyes and dissapointment. I knew what she was gonna do now.

She threw the bottle at me.

Well at least tried to. I ducked down to avoid it and reached out to the fridge. I grabbed a water bottle and an apple. I was about to close the fridge when someone jerked me back. My mom suddenly came face-to-face with me.

"Where is your father?" She asked quietly as she gripped my collar.

I bit my lip and stayed silent.

"Where is your father?!" She shouted in front of my face before throwing me aside.

I groaned as the back of my head hit the handle of the fridge. I hissed in pain but quickly got up and rushed to the door, where Calum is already waiting with Michael in the backseat of the car.

I got in and Calum quickly drove, Blink 182 loud from the radio.

Since my dad left us 5 years ago, mom has been drinking; drinking every substance that contains alcohol. She would leave early and go home late, sometimes not even going back home. She hit my sister and I a lot. I took the hit mostly since my sister never comes out of her room. I know that she gets out of the house through her window. She never have to get out anyways. She has a bathroom inside her bedroom, and a mini fridge. Dad left us for a 30 years old woman whom he met at his office. Funny is, he introduced us to her just before they moved in together. It shocked the three of us; but it destroyed mom.

"Gen?" Calum asked me and I snapped out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I asked as I looked at him.

"It's your stop," Michael chuckled as he got out.

I looked out to my school and looked back at them. Sometimes I wish I can drop out.
I give them a smile and they hugged me before I hop out.

"See you after school!" Calum said before driving away from my school.

I look up to the huge building and step through the school gate.

"Here we go," I mumbled to myself.