1.8

it's funny how my first chapter has 800+ views and my last one had 56.

day five

my moms wedding. the day I go back to California and see Jack again. it's going to be horrible. well...kind of.

I grew a bond with the guy from the club the other day, his name is Bobby. instead of sleeping with me, like any other guy would've done, he took me home and we cuddled.

it's funny looking at how different him and Jack were.

anyways I decided to ask him to come with me and he surprisingly said yes. I mean for a guy that I just met, he's already going out of his way to be with me.

maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself.

I've picked out the perfect dress for today. the flight leaves at 5 am and me and Bobby are already on the plane with 10 minutes to spare.

"thank you for coming with me." I smile, intertwining our hands together.

"anything for you, princess." he gives me a sweet kiss.

the plane finally landed and it's so hot today. I miss it so much.

"let's go baby." Bobby says while getting into the limo he rented. another thing I forgot about him, he's rich. that doesn't effect the way I feel about him though.

I shower and pull on my dress as soon as we get to our hotel room. the wedding is still early and I'm the maid of honor, of course.

my mother really does have a good taste in style because I love my dress.

her theme was simple and elegant

"you look beautiful." Bobby smiles as we head out of the hotel and into another expensive limo.

"thank you." I give him a sweet kiss.

the venue is stunning. I'm surprised my mother did this in such a small time frame.

I head over with the rest of the bridesmaids while Bobby sits at the second row.

the whole ceremony was beautiful and because my mom and David didn't like me and jack together, we weren't partners. i was paired with one of David's friends. he wasn't too old.

the entire ceremony I find Bobby giving me glances from the crowd and when I look across from me, jacks eyes never left me.

it was honestly kind of creepy but I know what he's doing. he wants be to beg to be together again. but it's not going to happen. not this time, not after what he said.

the words just kept replaying in my head.

you're a dumb bitch. you'll always come back.

it was horrible.

"you may now kiss the bride." the priest says. we all cheer and throw flower petals in the air.

my new parents are so happy together and I'm happy for them.

I know this trip isn't going to end happy because I'll eventually have to talk to Jack. my parents still think we're on good terms but little do they know.

at the reception my parents begin slow dancing and people slowly flood the dance floor and slow dance next to them.

me and Bobby walk up to the dance floor and I wrap my arms around his neck while his arms go around my waist to bring us close.

"thank you for coming with me." I smile.

"anything for you babygirl." he rubs the sides of my hips soothingly.

"I feel like I've known you for so long and it's only been a few days." I chuckle.

"that's a good thing right?" he jokes. I nod my head in response.

I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder.

"may I?" the all too familiar voice fills the air. of course, Bobby being the polite gentleman he is and not knowing who Jack was, he let me dance with him.

"what do you want?" I ask annoyed.

he shrugs his shoulders. I scoff and begin to walk away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back to the position we were in before.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to talk." he said.

"if you're going to insult me and tell me how I'll go running back to you then I'm leaving." I say.

"that was dumb, Scarlett. I was drunk and I didn't mean it." he pleads.

"well you know what they say," I say with a fake smile, making him think I'll forgive him. his facial expression immediately turns happy. he pulls our faces close but I stop and our lips are almost touching. well I did fool him.

"drunk words are sober thoughts," I smirk and leave him there while I go back to my date.

I'm not going back to him. not because I want to prove him wrong or anything. but I just realized how stupid the entire thing was.

what was I thinking having sex with my stepbrother. I obviously wasn't thinking straight. all I needed was that reality check.