Dancing Queen

"Nicole are you almost ready?" I hear Niall call from outside my bathroom, impatiently. We are about to go out to a club in London but I was still finishing my makeup, typical.

"Almost!" I call out.

I hear a knock on the door and Harry opens it slightly. "Nicole, seriously?" He smirks looking at all my makeup and hair tools all over the counter. He looks back at me and smiles, "You look beautiful." I smile back. "Let's go." I kiss him on the cheek and we head downstairs to our car.

"You're such a girl!" Louis jokes as we are on our way.

"Hey!" I laugh. "It's a process." I look at all of them. "I'm so excited to spend a night with you guys, work free, just having fun. You guys deserve a little fun."

"We all do," Zayn nudges me.

When we arrive to the club, the place is crowded outside. And when fans see the boys they start to freak out. We go right up to the bouncer who lets us skip the line and head right in. I can see girls glaring at me.

Once inside we can relax a little bit. It's an exclusive place, which the boys like for privacy.

"Shots on me!" Niall says and has a tray delivered to our table.

Liam raises his shot glass and we all follow his lead. "To a fun night with the best people there are."

"Cheers!" We all say and clink our glasses before taking the shots.

Wanting to let go off all the stress, I start drinking more than I usually do. I just want to let loose for once.

"I'm gonna dance!" I announce, feeling good, and leave our table to hit the dance floor. I can feel Harry's eyes on me as I leave, probably not used to seeing me like this and just making sure I'm okay.

As soon as I join the other people who are dancing in the middle of the club I completely let go and start swinging my hips to the beat of the music and singing along. I feel someone start to dance with me and I notice an attractive guy smiling at me.

"You're cute." He says to me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and continue dancing with him. "You're pretty cute yourself," I wink at him.

Harry POV:

"Dude relax, I can see you fuming." Zayn says to me.

I snap out of my stare towards the dance floor. "What?" I look at him and the other guys.

"Haz it's fine she's letting go and having fun," Louis says to me.

"Yeah maybe a little too much," I say nodding towards Nicole dancing with some random guy.

I start to get up but Louis grabs my arm, "Harry don't."

I understand that I'm not her boyfriend and that she has every right to dance with another guy but it kills me. I look at Louis with a pained expression on my face. "I have to." And I leave the table and head towards Nicole.

Nicole POV:

I am having so much fun dancing and the alcohol is hitting me hard. It feels so good to let my hair down and have a fun night like this. I'm looking up at the guy who I'm dancing with and I think we are about to kiss.

I close my eyes and lean in but am pulled away by someone else. I open my eyes to see Harry. I'm too drunk to notice what is really going on.

Instead I get excited and hug him exclaiming, "Harry!" I look back to the guy I was dancing with and say while pointing at Harry, "This is my best friend in the whole entire world!"

"Nicole it's time to go," Harry says with a blank expression.

"What? No I'm having fun! Dance with us Haz!" I look back but the guy I was dancing with is gone. "Harry where did he go? What did you do?" I ask him.

"Nicole," he says sternly grabbing my hand. "You're drunk. It's time to go."

I just giggle and follow along with him, completely unaware. We get into the car and our driver takes us back to our hotel.

"I'm sorry," he says to me once we get inside our room. "You were just very drunk and I was afraid something bad was going to happen."

"It's okay you're just looking out for me. Sorry if I was being annoying. It was such a fun night though!" I laugh.

"Come on let's get you into bed," Harry says to me helping me get my shoes off.

My head is still spinning from the alcohol and I just feel so good. I'm staring at Harry who is sitting up next to me while I lay down. I'm looking at him and for the first time I really notice how good looking he is. Like I've always known this but am truly seeing it for the first time. I'm studying his face and I can see why all the girls are so in love with him.

"Why are you staring at me?" He smirks down at me.

I touch his face gently and look into his eyes. "It's you. You're just really..." I giggle, "attractive".

Harry POV:

My eyes go wide. I wasn't expecting that.

"Wha-. What?" I stutter.

Nicole sits up so we are eye level and says, "I just..." She looks in my eyes and then leans in towards me.

My heart leaps because she is about to kiss me, something I have wanted for a very very long time. But then I remember. She's drunk. This isn't even real. And she's not even going to remember any of this.

I gently push her away and both of our faces drop.

"What's wrong Haz?" She looks at me clearly feeling rejected. "You don't-?"

"No! No," I say. "It's not that I-. It's just that-." I sigh and look away from her. "Of course I want this but Nicole you're drunk and I don't want to do it like this. I want it to be real. I-." I look back over at her and stop talking when I see her fast asleep.

I sigh but tuck her in to make her more comfortable. I know I did the right thing but I don't know what any of this means and I'm more confused than ever.

I look down at Nicole sleeping peacefully and I can't help but smile and how beautiful she is. I just wish things could be different.