The Heist

"We are here.. are you ready, Brooke..?" Brock stared at me in the passenger seat, I gulped and nodded. I could feel his doubt, just as I could feel everyone else's. Sometimes it hurt that even after 5 years I still haven't proved my skill to them yet. Obviously, I didn't say anything but gave him a fake smile.. He knew, I knew, he knew it was fake. Non the less, he gave me a soft smile back..

"Just..." He paused looking outside the window. I waited patiently, knowing Evan could hear everything through the ear piece.
"Be cautious and on your toes." I couldn't help but smile genuinely, and without a word proceeded out of his armoured Ferrari and went around the block, eyeing every single detail before officially going in.

"No security guards outside, and no cops sighted." I stated lowly, making my way through the two doors into the grand central bank. The floor was marble, and the ceiling hung chandeliers. I had nothing but the gun Wildcat gave me, meaning I would have to go to the back doors to retrieve the duffle bags from Moo.

"No cops inside nor security guards. The security cameras are shut off from what I can tell." I said making my way to a bank teller. The girl smile and asked, "What may I help you with today?"

"I was wondering if Edward had been working today?" My voice was solid, and confident, oddly. She nodded, and went off to go get him. I relaxed, and relieving my held in breath. Evan must've noticed my nervousness. "Stay frosty, Shroom."

Is stifled my giggle when I saw a tall, well-built man walk out. He wore a suit uniform, young and his hair spiked up, similar to Vanoss. He eyed me, almost impatiently, making his way to guide me into his office.

He shook hands with me, a soft charming smile gracing his lips.. making me nervous. Once we were out of sight, that smile instantly vanished. "Ashley, was it?"

"Ashley is your claimed identity I gave, roll with it." Vanoss instantly said. I nodded up to the man silently. He scoffed, "You don't look like much."

"Is everything disabled, did you do your part?" Replying angrily and in a hurry, which only pissed the guy off more. "Are you questioning my integrity?"

"Yes, I am." My voice was firm and I just realized I have never been more serious within my entire life. My group was worth much more than his integrity. He replied with a brief yes before cautiously leading me  to the strong room.

I raced to the exit, going into the alley way to collect the duffle bags, I glanced at Moo before racing back in where he already had the safe open and the alarm turned off. The man kept watch, as I filled the bags carefully  with stacks of thousands, reaching up to almost 3 million, before I quickly gave him his share of half a million.

Turning to leave I felt an instant tug at my duffle bag.. Pulling me back, converting to face him, instantly I felt his knuckle hit my jaw and stars flashed. Metal engulfed my mouth and I soon found myself on the floor.. and Edward retrieving my items after shutting the safe.

"Nice try, bitch."

"Brooke?!" Evan heard the commotion easily. As dizzy as I was by almost being knocked out by the much larger male, I spit out the blood and as his hand reached for the exit, I pulled out Wildcat's gun and instantly fired the weapon. Missing a couple times before finally I saw blood splatter on the walls. Instantly, we heard the alarms go off, and I got up, hoping to reach the exit before caught.

"Brooke!"

All of a sudden in my flash of blurring vision, Moo was present and fixed his arms around me, pulling me with him to the safety of his vehicle with the bags of money, including Edward's share. Taking the pistol from my hands to use if he needed to as he sped off before the cops were capable of coming.