Their Doubt

"Brooke, wake up.."

I was met with the beautiful cloudy dawn rain.. realizing I was still placed upon the floor, and utterly cold. My eyes were puffy with pink, from crying all night, with my nose slightly stuffed. I lifted myself up on my knees and rubbed my eyes. Brock had a worried expression on his face, kneeled to me.

"Are you okay?..." Doubt laced in his voice, but I simply nodded as he helped me up. I couldn't help but hug him, leaning into him sleepy. A chuckle escaped the man in response but he simply hugged back. He wore his sunset gradient tank with blue jeans, already completely dressed for the day.

"Goodmorning, Shroom.. It's early. I was wondering if you wanted to go to breakfast with us.. Everyone is coming."

"That would be nice.. I-I need to get dressed." I smile and let go, completely forgetting about Wildcat. He returned the smile. "Alright, we are all ready, take your time."

With that I watched the man leave, lightly shutting my door. I realized I had been shivering the whole time. Drifting over to my clothes I picked out a white lace crop top with shorts and flat-sandals, only to leave a black zip-up hoodie unzipped. I always felt bare when I showed my arms, it's sorta a habit. I let my hair loose and messy, while simply just putting concealer under my eyes and on the bruise, eyeliner then mascara. I grabbed my phone and a pocket knife for protection.

I left my room, going down the long large hall then down stair to the open living room and kitchen

I left my room, going down the long large hall then down stair to the open living room and kitchen. Carlos looked at me and smiled, in his natural Hispanic accent  "Ey esse', glad you could make it."

I noticed pairs of eyes glancing over at my figure while widened, tackling my insecurities.. Non-the less I gave Carlos a hug, giggling while he made some jokes about going to a taco truck. Following them into a large elevator that led to the secured garage. "Load up boys!" Marcel yelled, which was typical.

I just followed Brock, though they were my family, I still haven't made the effort to know them personally or create a strong bond. I was too shy to decide who to go with and where to sit, so Brock was my safest answer.  He had eventually decided to ride with Delirious, Luke, Brian, Craig, and Carlos, leaving no room in their large truck.

"Hey, Shroom ride with me." Evan immediately stepped in. I was confused, our leader never has offered me to ride with him unless it was for heists. In fact, the only we ever really interacted was when I had a job to do. Same with most of the others..

I nodded adverting my gaze to disregard his, he opened the passenger door of his Red Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4. The door went up and I sat in.. Cheeks red-tinted at his chivalry. He shut it before getting into the driver's seat.