Owlette

I slid slowly against the concrete wall, on my toes

I slid slowly against the concrete wall, on my toes. Passing four knocked out military guards. Within these walls held masses amounts of sealed information, guarded by the military them self. None of the government's secret tactics mattered though as of right now. I was after one thing only, that thing being a hard drive containing the serial codes to a shipment of weaponry.

"Good work, Owlette. The hard-drive should be within the laptop case, get it and immediately head out. Be alert."

"Of course, sir." I spoke calmly through the ear piece, making my way with the lone pistol, I had ever hung onto for years, in my hand, the only difference being a silencer attached and the wording to be almost worn off. This weapon caused more ache throughout my years of training than any other.

I was now the co-leader of DecSec, a infamous group known for assassination rather than wealth or gang violence. People payed a pretty penny for their discrete wishes, to which easily obliged. We did it for the money.. but right now.. Obtaining this hard drive wasn't for the money nor resources and rewards.. It was simply to interfere with one of the many rivals we had. If we didn't get our hands on it first, they would.

I shifted into the main computer room, observing for a secured laptop. The only laptop found had been tossed in a padlocked cage with many other computers. I tried my luck, but failed. Growling to myself I searched. Anything to break the padlock.

"Looking for this?" A gun locked onto my head, I immediately froze in place. Not just by the gun, but by the voice. I turned around, to be met with the oh-so familiar monkey mask, that was Marcel. His cold stare so distant.. something I have seen plenty of time from others, an intent to kill, but never from Marcel alone.

I wouldn't speak, but heard a growl through the ear piece, my leader was getting impatient. "No words, Owl-Girl?"

I simply lifted the gun and pointed it up to his face, he stared at it for a moment. Eyeing the worn lettering. I saw his eyes widened.. Shit. Immediately while he was caught off guard, I knocked him out. Taking in a deep breath.. His limp body loosened the key he held in the other hand.

I briefly opened the padlock, and picked up the laptop, popping up the keyboard to remove it and ripping out the screws. I placed aside the extra connectors, with the motherboard, hard drive, and the two 8 GBs of memory cards. Placing the components in a plastic bag to rush and get out of here.

"The hard drive is obtained."

"Get out of there, fool!"

"Yes, sir."

My eyes ran over my old friend through my Barn-Owl mask. Sighing, I grabbed the headset behind his ear, and smashed it with the heel of my shoe. To alert Mr. Fong to get him out of there with his back up.
——

As I made my way outside, none of the security guards were alert or aware of the break in. That was until, one large helicopter came in, it's bullets raining on them like the ashes of fireworks. I hid behind the wall of the second story. My escape route was just down the ladder but the actual exit was a bit more complicated.

I saw a couple figures parachute and land just feet away from around the corner. Obviously, in a rush to retrieve their friend. I cursed under my breath. A deep Irish voice along with two others sounded, "Keep watch, Mini! Daithi and I will go get Basically."

"Hurry, Terroriser!"

I quickly made my way down the ladder, and ran to my motorbike. The alarms now blaring and filling the whole military camp. Turning the handle I went forward as fast as I could, taking out officers with my gun. I made my way across the large jet landing/liftoff roads. Eventually, leaving the base through one small opening I had made.

I made my way back on the freeway, completely unscathed.

"I'm out, I will be there in 10."

"Good."

____

My leader wasn't please it had taken me that long. I wouldn't dare say I ran into old friends, so I just took the blame. Our base was away from civilization, hard to locate. Non the less, I got the hardrive, instantly our computer tech hooked it up an sucked all the information he could off of it. The locations of the new shipment was suppose to be located near the warehouse. Leader didn't even have to ask me, he knew I would be on the job in and out. Hopefully, without a fool alerting the whole place this time.

Basically's Life was important, even for me. I wonder how they got out.. I silently hoped none of them were hurt. I lifted my leg over the bar counter, nipping my stiletto black nail while staring off into space. Ignoring the passed out old man's snoring from on the other barstool.

Unlike my old home, this one was beaten and dusty. It consisted of a warehouse, with a basement, A separate bar-for the crack addicts with no money, in the middle of the desert, and open to ambushes. Though that may be so, I was trained with no mercy over the 3 years. My leader trained me personally, and even till this day, me being one of the most WANTED and being the best at what I do.. He still found fault in me.

Which was good.. I need to keep improving no matter what. I am glad he gave me the opportunity, 3 years ago. I had to start somewhere. My old identity, Shroom.. immediately left. He now called me Owlette, referring to my barn-owl mask I often wear and I have been known around Los Santos for being an infiltrator, assassin, and thief.

From outside of the bar, I heard rowdy shouting coming from some hillbillies. They were cheering happily.. with an accent so cliche that made me want to vomit. I lifted myself up, walking out. Still in my owl-mask.

"What are you screaming for, are you trying to alert all of Los Santos?" I immediately stated focusing my attention on all four of them, crossing my arms displeased, I held Wildcat's Pistol.

"What? No.." One said in defense, I just glared.

"What the hell are you doing here then?"

I felt a arm wrap around me, it was my Leader.. "Relax, Brooke.." A senile smirk dressed his features, a familiar smirk... I have known for the last 3 years. "I think you might like what they have to say." I just stared at him, doubting it.

"We lost a bet, and now the damn ol' fuckin pig wont let us off the Hook, you know man." One said, I knitted my brows together.

"I dare that motherfucker come up in here, man."

"He said to have his money by tomorrow at the pier or else, he would come up here himself and murder."

"We want you to assassinate him."

I stared at them long and hard, not understanding their logic.. "With the money to use to kill him.. you could've payed him with."

I was interrupted by a cough from the Leader, "It's not just any pig." My eyes widened.. I knew I wanted to vomit now..

"Your on the job, tomorrow at 3 pm, meet him at the pier. Do the job, then leave." My boss stated firmly before taking his leave. One of the four men, gave me a brief case..

"10,000$"

Opening it, I confirmed they weren't lying.. but they were major idiots. My heart started pounding in my chest as I watched them leave.. I couldn't kill him.. He'd kill me.
——