Alone

I let go on the handle and put the brakes on my black motorbike while rolling under the pier deck, stopping infront of a group of four familiar men

I let go on the handle and put the brakes on my black motorbike while rolling under the pier deck, stopping infront of a group of four familiar men. I saw his car when I pulled through the parking lot.. and with the amount of people here on this sunny day, I—We didn't want to cause a scene. It was suppose to be just him, but I didn't blame Wildcat for bringing backup..

An emptiness filled my chest.. my old family, I missed them. I betrayed them for my selfish wants. Most of all I betrayed Brock, the man who had saved my life countless times, even now I'd be on my knees praying for his forgiveness. I knew he hadn't forgot about me. I swallowed it all, like always.

They eyed me. CaRtOonz was smirking with senile intent, a bat over his shoulder, Delirious had a machete and his mask on, stabbing it in the dirt.. I could even hear his psychotic giggling. Carlos was clearly intimidated, he wore white shorts and pink collared shirt.. Heard him whisper "Maldita caliente mami..." (Damn hot Mama) This ignited more giggling from Delirious.. and a smirk from Wildcat. I pretended to ignore it, wanting this to be done and over with.

The man I had adored in my past life leaned against one of the pier's wood sturdy columns. Puffing silently on a cigar and allowing the smoke to plume out of his lips and the nostrils of his Pig mask. He wore his helmet, his shirt, and the same snow-tiger pants .. As well as that unimpressed look.

"So. The junky cheap fuckboys too pussy to show themselves.."

I lifted myself off the bike, I had wore loose boots with my black leather body suit and the barn-owl mask. My pistol in its holster around my leg. Gripping the suitcase, I walked over to the group of men.

"But instead of handing me the money.. they called one well known assassin from DecSec and gave the money to her." He stomped out on his cigar, and continued "To do their bidding."

For the first time in years.. I had no words. He was still his usual smart ass self. CaRtOonZ and Delirious had been exchanging words to one another, snickering. They never used to act this cocky behind closed doors.

"Exactly.. what I had said." I spoke slowly, feeling very weird about the situation. "You aren't worth my time. Take the money they gave to me and get off their back."

I tossed the suit case on the wet sand, at his feet. He eyed me.. They all did.. the cocky smirks halted for a moment as my voice must've ignited some nostalgia. For the first time in my life I had caught Tyler's surprised expression.. and it felt amazing.

"Listen, bitch..." He made his way toward me stepping over the suitcase, voice low and serious.. he was threatened. I smirked with amusement, feeling his gaze pierce at my mask.. He stopped right in front of me.. making me remember the first time he did the same thing three years ago, the only difference being, I didn't feel the need to back up, intimidated. Instead I lifted my hand to my hip, annoyed that he was in my face still standing 17 inches taller than me.

"Fucking with us will be the death of you."

I rolled my eyes, taking a step back and turning back to my bike, lifting my leg over the seat and revving the engine.

"Apologies, but I don't fuck with pussies. When you have something nice, hard, and long then give me a call."

I lurched from their eyesight, the wet sand flying up before I sped off. I couldn't help but to smile to myself.. His skill was greater than mine but I was catching up.. It is only a matter of time... I could truly be on good terms with the guy.
___

Wildcat's POV

Her snarky comment left me in the brief daze.. It wasn't just snarky.. but vile, like a long lost hatred for me. Her voice felt so familiar but with an arrogance that could amount to my own.

I turned back around glancing at the suit case, and opening it. It had been way more than what was owed. Judging by the amount, her clients pay her well depending on the victim. Why didn't she try me? She wasn't intimidated in the least.. Genuinely sounded as if she didn't care.

I growled to myself, shutting the case and throwing it to Delirious and began walking back to our vehicles.

One day Owlette, I'll make you eat your words.
——

"What the hell do you mean?"

"Sir, I gave him the money.. I couldn't go through with it.. forgive me." I scolded myself internally. He was beyond pissed off, and no doubt I was going to meet his wrath. My teammates were in fear, so easy to read.. each one of them. I haven't bothered to get to know any of them, let alone their actual names. The only one I had opened up to was our Leader who pulled me under his wing–nights after I left.

He knew my connection I had with my former group, my love for them had been undying.. It was Evan who made something out of nothing for me, I owed my life to him, when he found me I was merely 14, and saved by his actions. He and most of his gang had been 20. Though I never really communicated at all back then.. They all viewed me as a little sister, and I had clung to Brock's side and protection the most. My bond with Evan had diminished when I became more responsible with age, but with Wildcat, I always looked up to him.. He used to always refer to me as 'Runt', 'Brat', or 'Kid'.

How could I even attempt at killing a member of my former family? My fists began to ball up with anger. I had drowned out his yelling, attempt at embarrassing me infront of everyone. It didn't work here.. He must've forgot, I didn't care for the opinions about me here. The only reason I was here, was for myself.. and I wasn't close enough to even consider them acquaintances or teammates.

I glared at him, my mask had already been off. I stared unmoved and unimpressed at his belittling. The only fool he was making was of himself and for it, I simply crossed my arms.

"In a 2 days from now, the shipment will be ready at the warehouse. You better fucking redeem yourself or you are dead, understand me?"

I scoffed and left him in his whiny fit, grabbing my mask and motorbike to simply ride away from this disgusting hellhole. Evan would've never done that, when someone fails.. The least he does is move-on from it and restrain himself from dwelling. It is what made him the best of leaders.. He kept his cool and kept everyone in line.. and Why do I thinking about and comparing them, damnit!

It was past midnight, the frogs were loud, the highway empty, and in the desert it may have been cold.. but the night sky was clear and wide open—The moon offering enough luminous light that there to be no need for headlights. I rode at 90 down the highway, hoping to get to the lone gas station far off to the coastline.

So much has happened the last couple of days, I needed to relieve myself some way. There was a cheap bar near the gas station that I planned on going to, so I might as well just drink the night and emotions away.
———