Confrontation

It was the evening on the day she left. No text back, call, or sign of her. It left me in a state of emptiness..

Currently sitting in Vanoss's office, I leaned back.. Rewinding the morning over and over. Wildcat was called into his office.. Vanoss made it a point to tell him out of principle for being our second leader. He drifted over to the other chair opposite of me, dropping down lazily.

"Yeah?"

"Shroom has left." Vanoss instantly stated, I cringed quietly at those words once more.. already missing my former teammate.

"Huh?"

"Shroom left."

"Us?"

Evan nodded.. and for once, even if it was a flicker in his eyes, I saw regret. Regret over what though?

"She took that race seriously."

"In the car, she denied her skill persistently. I believe this had something to do with that."

"Well, her loyalty runs thin if she left for that."

I held back my anger towards Wildcat.. Evan leaned back glancing at me.

"Tyler."

"Hmm..?" He was back to his unimpressed state.. hiding whatever emotion he may have.

"Shroom.. Looked up to you." This caught both of them off guard.. Their brows knitting together in confusion.

" I would know, I could see it in her eyes.." I paused.. Hoping he would get the idea, but his face still uttered confusion. "I confronted her about this a long time ago.. and she agreed she admired you dearly. Her exact words being 'Just wished I was like him'"

I could Evan was putting pieces together, I couldn't of been the only one who noticed her actions around him.

"Just fucking saying that, dude. Knock it off." Wildcat scoffed, unbelieving of me, of course.

"Tyler.. Why did you think she left..? Right after your race? Had it been between her and Brock would she have put herself down so low to leave the only people she has ever called family?" Evan calmly inquired to him.

"Shroom looked up to everyone.. But you.. for whatever reason... caught her affection." I sat back.. He was silent.. Finally understanding our points. He stood up and left with out a word.
——

Tyler's POV

So.. the brat left.. I shoved my hands into my pockets, making my way down the hall.

And she looked up to me? That's unbelievable.. All she had to do was ask for help, instead her needing to be independent and prove me wrong got the best of her. Another flaw of hers.

I stopped at her door, and checked inside. Her scent engulfing me for the last time. Was I sad? No.. I never really thought about the helpless runt.  I shut the door behind me.. And poked around.. It was raining horribly again the thunder drowning out the usual loud dipshits in the other room.

Had she just opened her eyes, she would realize we had our similarities. Kept to ourselves, a need to feel useful, competitive, and a inner drive to be perfect.

But mostly, we were polar opposites, the short girl always had a giggle to release or a smile. I couldn't help being grumpy and pessimistic. She was short, I was tall. She was a pushover and I was bold.

I glanced over at her side table, the gun I gave her was gone. So, she must of came back and got it to take it with her.

What have I done?

——