Chapter 46 : Sense and sensibility

Maya's pov:

Beep... Beep... Beep

I woke up by the sound of my annoying alarm. I groaned and turned it off. Today is the first day of school, it means that I have to see Lucas everyday. Shit.

I went up and take a shower. I decided to wear something simple on my first day. I wore a grey sleeveless crop top and a black skinny jeans. I grab my pink cardigan because I know that outfits like this would not be able to be worn at school.

I went down to join Liv and mom for breakfast. Liv wore a floral dress and a jean jacket with a black heels. Oh by the way, today's her first day at Abigail Adam High! Yay!

"Morning Maya!! Oh my god I'm so excited!!" She said cheerfully and I chuckled.

"What's for breakfast Victoria?" I asked my maid.

"Bacon and eggs" She replied and put the food on the table.

After a while, we finished our breakfast. I grab my keys and my backpack. I went to my car as Liv followed and we drives to school.

Me and Liv set foot on our school, Abigail Adam Hugh. Everyone were staring at us. some of them started whispering to their friends.

"Oh my god! It's Maya Hart and Liv Rooney!! My favorites!!!" I heard someone squealed.

We walked over to Farkle and Riley, who was in their locker, probably talking about how much they love each other. Yuck!

"Hey lovebirds" I greeted them.

"Hiii!" Riley said cheerfully.

"Hey guys what's your first period?" Liv asked us.

"I have english" I replied.

"Shoot! I have history" Riley's smile turned upside down.

"I have english too, wanna go now?" Farkle asked.

"Sure"

"Alright, see you guys in whatever class we have together" Riley said before shutting her locker and walking away like a model.

We both walked to english class together. Everyone went out of the way as we walked down the hallway.

"Maya I know you don't really like Kevin" Farkle said breaking the silence.

"Well what do you expect? You guys said that I should let Lucas go" I said, looking down.

"I know what we said Maya, but it doesn't mean that you should pretend to love someone else"

"Can we please not talk about Lucas. He's in the past now, and I'm all about the future" I smiled proudly.

"I'm not talking about Lucas, Maya. I'm talking about you. You shouldn't hide your feelings. You know what I've learnt today? I've learnt that it hurts to pretend to love someone you don't, but it hurts more to pretend that you don't love someone when you really do"

"Farkle" I sighed.

"Don't hurt yourself Maya. I care so much about you" He said as he walked inside the class and sit down on an empty seat.

I took a seat in front of him. And I saw Lucas and Josh came in. Josh took a seat next to me and Lucas took a seat behind Josh.

The teacher, Harper walked inside the class when the bell rings, and start writing on the board. It says 'Jane Austen : Does love make sense'.

Oh shit.

"Sense and Sensibility" Harper started the lesson while holding a book called 'Sense and Sensibility'. "Miss Austen felt there were two approaches to love. 'Sense', what's the meaning of that?" Harper asked and Farkle raised his hands.

"Good, intelligent judgement"

"And sensibility?" Harper asked again.

"When feeling is getting in the way of that" Farkle replied.

"So what you think you should feel versus what you really feel" Harper said. "What else do you guys now about Sense and Sensibility?" Harper asked and Josh raised his hand.

"In order for a relationship to work, you need Sense and Sensibility" Josh replied.

"Good job Josh" She smiled at him

"Miss Austen teaches us that romance comes with conflict. Two young women with different ideas about what love is. One hid her true feelings to protect others. She thought this made 'sense'. The other had more feelings than she knew what to do with. She was overwhelmed by 'sensibility'" Harper explained.

"What about the character who knows all the secrets of the character who's hiding her true feelings?" Farkle asked her.

"He's driven to madness and dies alone and scared" I was shocked at what Harper said.

"Thank you"

"Good" I smirked at him.

"Good" He mocked me.

"Sneh" I sticked my tongue.

"Fneh" He sticked his tongue out too and I decided to stop cause the whole class is looking at us.

"Love is never easy and often comes at great cost. And the relationships that seem the strongest are the most tragically torn apart" I raised my hand

"Excuse me, may I go to the bathroom?" I asked and Harper nodded and handed me a hall pass. I thanked her and ran outside.

Lucas's pov:

Maya asked if she could go to the bathroom and she ran away. Josh quickly ran out of the classroom and followed her.

"Harper, can I please go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"Well since I know that you're just going to comfort your girlfriend, then I guess you can" She smirked at me.

"No she's not my girlfriend, we broke up a few months ago" I corrected her.

"Just go get her" She rolled her eyes.

I walked around the corner and saw Maya and Josh hugging each other.

What the fuck Josh?!?!