Chapter Two: The First Day of School

I had gotten home at 11 last night. I looked at my watch and saw it was 6:30. I had to get ready and go to Matt’s house. I got a quick shower and got dressed. I straightened my hair and put on some make-up. I decided to make it look natural today. By the time I was done I grabbed an apple and headed out the because I had to leave. My outfit was plain. It was hot today so I was wearing blue jean shorty shorts. I also had a dark purple tank top on.

I hopped in my car and sped off to Matt’s house. He had told me the directions last night in his car. I got over in 10 minutes. It would take a normal person 20, but with me and my car we go faster. I got out and went up and knocked on the door. A girl about the age of 18. “I’m here to see Matt.” I say. “He’s getting ready for school right now. You can come in and wait though.” Her tone was one between annoyed and frustrated. “Okay, thanks.” That was my million dollar response. She walked into a living room and grabbed her bag. “I’m going to school Matt! There’s a girl here to see you!” She yelled up the stairs to Matt. “Okay. I’ll be down in a minute.”

I just sat on the couch waiting for Matt. I’m just glad she invited me in. I was afraid I would have to wait on the porch. Matt came down the stairs with one of the straps of his bag over his shoulder. “Hey Sky your early.” He says when he sees me. “Actually Matt your late.” I say with a laugh.”Oh sorry to keep you waiting. All I need to do is grab an apple and I’m ready.” This makes me laugh also. “What’s so funny?” Matt asked as I followed him into his kitchen. I held out my hand. He looked at it. Setting on top of my hand was an apple. “I guess we have the same idea about breakfast.” I say smiling. Matt laughs. “And that is why we’re best friends.” “Forever.” I add.

He grabbed an apple. “Are you ready to go Sky?” I just nod and start walking towards the door. “I almost forgot. Here you go Matt.” I say as I hand over the keys to my car. “Oh yeah. I totally forgot I’m driving.” “Did you also forget about my friendship ring?” I question while having a pouty look. “How could I ever forget?” He says with an innocent look. I narrow my eyes. “You forgot didn’t you?” I ask already knowing the answer. He gave ma a sheepish smile. “Well kinda.” He said slowly. I just shake my head. “And I thought this friendship meant something to you Matt Donovan.” I say making tears come to my eyes on purpose. “I’m so sorry Sky.” He notices the tears. “Please don’t cry Sky.” I have him pleading now. I just sniffle. “What do I have to do to get you to forgive me?” he asks.

“Well now that you mention it, I’m new to school and I could use some friends.” “So you want me to get you friends?” He asks confused. “No. I think I can make friends if a certain football player stands on a table at lunch and shouts how cool I am.” I say. “What that will be humiliating, Sky.” I just looked at him with fresh tears and sniffle again. “Okay! I’ll do it!” He shouts. I smile widely “Thanks.”I say and skip over to my car. He starts walking then notices the car I’m leaning against. “This can’t be your car.” He says doubtfully. What is with people and doubting me with cars.

“Well put the key in the ignition and see if it starts.” I say sarcastically. “Okay.” Matt says kid of in a daze. I open the passenger door and sit down. He opens his door and sits down. Slowly he puts the key in the ignition and turns. Guess what happens......It starts! “What did I tell you?” I asked him cockily. “How-” That’s all he can say. “I’m pretty good off. I have a lot of money.” I tell him.

“Wait if you have money why do you want me to buy the friendship rings?” “Because it was the deal. Duh!” I explain. “Okay you ready to go?” He asks. “Yep.” I say and take a bite out of my apple. He sets his bag in the back. The ride was good we ate our apples in silence. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence, though. We made it the school in no time.