Chapter Four: Matt's Surprise

I did a pretty good job at avoiding Stefan again. I went to the Grill after school. Time to put my plan in action. There was the guy I needed. I told him what he had to do. I handed him something and the plan was in action. He went and ordered. The good thing is he got payed and got a free lunch. Matt was his waiter. When the guy, who’s name I think was Jason, was done Matt handed him the bill. He payed and left the tip and got out quickly.

I wanted to watch so I went to a table and waited for someone to take my order. I watched Matt as he saw how big the tip was. He freaked. It was around a 50 thousand dollar tip. His face lit up like a candle. I knew his mom had left and he didn’t have a lot of money, so I paid Jason to give Matt a big tip. I hope he would like it. I also hope he didn’t find out it was me. Just then, Stefan decided to walk I at that time. I had kept tabs and after the 20’s he started drinking animal blood.

I was faster, stronger, and had more enhanced senses. I sped past Stefan. I knew he knew a vampire was there but I didn’t care. I bumped into someone. “Sorry.” I mumbled. I went to move but we ran into each other again. I look up. I see a familiar face but I can’t place it. “Hello.” I say with as much pleasantness as I can muster up. “Hi, love. I’m Klaus.” He says.

Ah the infamous Niklaus. He hung out with my twin in the 1920’s. That’s why he looks familiar. “Ah, the infamous Niklaus Mikaelson.” I say while circling him. For someone on the outside, this had to look weird. “Born in the 10th century. Hybrid, the curse still is on, I see.” He gives me a confused look. I just smirk. “How do you know so much?” He asks, narrowing his eyes.

I continue not listening. “Chasing many people. One including Katerina Petrova, now known as Katherine Pierce. Has most of his siblings in a box with a white oak ash dagger.” I’m still circling him. “HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS!” He screams at me. I still choose to ignore him.

“The dagger doesn’t harm him. A white oak stake does. Artist. No humanity. Ruthless killer. Short tempered. Horrible social skills. Clever. Handsome. Former friends of Stefan The Ripper. Son of the Original Witch, and so much more.” I say in a taunting tone. He gives me a murderous glare. “How do you know all this?” He asks through clenched teeth. “Are you getting mad?” I inquire.

“You know your brave talking to an original like that. Or just stupid.” He spat at me. “Neither.” I say. He goes to rip out my heart but in a flash I’m on the roof of the Grill. He looks for me. He comes up too. He puts his hands up in surrender, to show he won’t harm me. Yet. I keep a close eye on him still. “How did you run so fast?” He asks me.

“Easy. I’m a vampire.” I tell him looking bored. I look at my nails but still pay attention to him. “No regular vampire can run that fast.” I don’t answer. He thinks about it. “Unless your not a regular vampire.” He states slowly. “Well done. Bravo.” I praise him. “Then what are you?” I put a hand over my heart. “You want to know what I am, Nik?” I question him. He nods.

“I’m just like your siblings.” I say. He looks at my doubtfully. I give him a ‘I’m telling the truth’ look. “How do I know your telling the truth?” I hold up one finger and flash over to a tree. I rip off a branch and hand it to him. He just looks at it. “Well? Stake me.” I tell him. He looks at me triumphantly. He goes to stake me, but I interrupt. “Hey Nik?” I ask him.

He looks at me questioningly. I grab a piece of paper and write my address down. I hand it to him. “Take me there, when I’m staked.” I also hand over the key to the house. “Don’t touch my cars, but other than that, make yourself at home. You can have the guest bedroom.” I demand. He raises an eyebrow, but nods. He goes to stake me again, but I have one more thing to say.