Chapter Three: Meeting New People

I woke up the same time in the morning as I did yesterday. I got in the shower and decided to curl my hair today. I put on blue eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and black mascara. I put on a plain white t-shirt with a leather jacket and black skinny jeans. I put on my red beanie and grabbed a blood bag. I drank it and then brushed my teeth. I grabbed my car keys and walked out the door.The drive to Matt’s house was quiet. I didn’t have the radio on. I just didn’t feel like it.

I parked in front of his house and this time Matt came out before I could get out of the car. “Waiting for me?” I ask. “Yep I promised I wouldn’t be late today.” “Yes you did Donovan.” I smirked. “So how’s your Tuesday?” “Fine.” I nod my head. It’s not going to be better than his Wednesday. “You ready to get this show on the road?” “Yep.” He resulted. I drove to school today. We still got stares from everyone. Some people were asking if we were a couple. I heard this with my vampire hearing.

“I think people think we’re a couple.” I stated to Matt with a smirk. “And what would make you think that?” He raised an eyebrow. “Well it might have been the staring, but I get that because I’m pretty.” Matt scoffed at this. “So you don’t think I’m pretty fine. Anyway it also was the death glares most of the girls were giving me.” “They were glaring at you?” He asked surprised. “Yes. Matt your a cute football player. You have girls drooling over you. With the exception of me.”

“Wait you think I’m cute but don’t drool over me?” “No I don’t think your cute. It’s a fact. Well if you ask any girl here she would say yes to you being cute. And it takes more than a pretty face for me to drool.” I say fake offended at the last sentence. “Oh okay.” He trailed off when he saw I had a mischievous smirk. “What are you planning?” I frown. “What makes you think I’m planning anything?” I say with fake innocence. “I know you.” He said flatly.

“Fine I’ll tell you. But only because you are my best friend.” I took a dramatic pause. “How about we make these girls really jealous?” He thought it over. “How would we do that?” Does he really doubt my master mind? “We can act.” Act...” He said confused. Ugh must I explain everything? “Yep. Like boyfriend and girlfriend.” I practically saw the wheels turning in his head. But turning very slowly. I let out an impatient huff. “What do you think?” I asked hopefully.

I just love messing with people. “Okay. What should we do to give them a better impression. I smiled. I intertwined our fingers. “You can hold my hand and walk me to my locker.” I suggested. We walked to my locker. “And I can do this before I head to class. I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. “Bye Matt. “ I said and walked away. I could feel the people staring at me.

I secretly smirked. I’m heading to Algebra. My druggie buddy Jeremy was it is in that class. When I walk in people stare. I’m late, but I have a feeling they would stare either way. I’m just awesome. “Hey everyone sorry I’m late and you couldn’t have my awesome presence earlier. “Sit down Miss Scarmen.” The teacher orders. “Okay. I will.” The other kids looked disappointed at my response but I’m not done.

“But you better not. The chair might break. Seriously! Go. On. A. Diet.” I said the last part slowly. People burst out laughing. “That’s it Miss Scarmen sit down now!” “Will do.” I said. I gave her a salute. People chuckled. The teacher walked over to her seat as if to prove a point and sat down. What she didn’t know was I had loosened the screws, so she fell on her butt. I walked over to her desk and got up. I saw someone was filming.

“That is why they have diets. I suggest you go on one if your overweight. Don’t wanna break all the chairs in the world, do we?” I inquired. People burst out laughing. “Seriously I’m not kidding. Aren’t I right Jeremy?” The camera and people’s heads turned to him. “Uh...Sure.” He said unsure. The camera turned towards me again. “Okay I’m taking my seat now. But....” I said trailing off while turning towards the teacher. “Mrs....” I said unsure of her name. “It’s Mrs. Gurman.” A girl in the front offered.