Janara and the Dowser (the set up)

The ship located the bounty Marx's is on the hunt for. It was hidden

in a small cave off the south quadrant of the planet.

"Marx's do you want to retrieve the bounty or should I go?" Rimm asked with a sick grin on her face.

Marx was still fuming over the dowser. He could not damage the bounty in any way to let off some steam or they will lose over a hundred and thirty-eight thousand vex-tabs.

"No, Hum you go get it. Take the t-onta with you. It will tranquilize it if it try's to escape." Marx's commanded. "Let's make this fast. I have a prior engagement, I need to get to."

Marx sat there in his captain's seat thinking of all the ways you can break a dowser's mind before he kills him. That put a smile across his thin lips. The pleasure did not reach his eye's. Something much worse was behind those.

Dowser Advi left his office to go to Janara and tell her to get home quickly.

As he walked up to her he did not noticed how her dress was a bit form fitted, with hints of skin being revealed.

It was hard to control his urges. 'Take her' a voice inside his head told him. That brought him up short walking to her.

He shook his head trying to focus on the task at hand. He had to admit that it became a little more difficult the more he walked towards her.

'What is that scent she's wearing?' he thought. It was being carried on the light breeze to him. He finally made it and was about to talk, when she turned around and looked at him with her green eye's that is almost illuminating in the dark.

Some thing inside was responding to Janara and he did not understand it.

"Dowser shy are you out so late?"

Janara asked as she nervously looked around him.

"I was going to ask you that myself. Are you okay you look a bit nervous?" She just gave him a smile and did not answer. "Being a dowser I have to do perimeter checks while the towns asleep. Remember I'm here to protect all of you." he said but he thought 'nice hidden meaning.'

"I had forgotten I had to do some repairs on my damaged instruments. Since I could not sleep, I thought I'd work on them.

Advi watched her try to be casual with him. She was not acting like the Janara he knew.

"Is there something you would like to talk to me about? I am a good listener."

Janara head turned to face the south abruptly. "A ship is coming. I should go." Janara said. How would she know that. Advi took out a locator in his pocket and seen Marx's ship would be there in less that two heart beats.

Janara come with me to my office now. You can not be out by your self right now."

Janara searched his face for something he could not figure out. But she agreed to go.

Advi and Janara walked so fast to his office it would be considered a jog. Once inside Advi told Janara to go into a hidden space behind his desk. It was built to protect dowser's in time of life or death situations.

The space was no bigger than a cabinet under a sink. It was enough was big enough for her to fit though.

"No mater what you hear you will not be able to come out until the automatic lock opens." She looked at him and he felt he needed to keep her self.

Marx walked straight into the dowser's office. Hum was at his right and Rimm was no where to be seen. Advi knew the deal. He was to predictable.

Marx looked at the dowser with his feet up on his desk and his very calm demeanor. That was making his blood boil.

"So have you collected your bounty?"

"Was there ever a doubt dowser. Let me show you the image since they did not send it to you over the wave.

Marx started to move closer but Advi stopped him.

"Stay right there. Just open the holograph, so I can see it."

Marx pulled out the bounty imager and showed a slimmy being with long hair and tattered clothing. Or it could be a layer of dirt acting like clothing. What stuck out to him was the rings on her arm. Two was completely around, but the third was barely closed.

"I guess this is goodbye since you have it."

"It is a leanon. A rare species that a very prestigious political head wants. Maybe you heard of him........."

"He's dead. What game are you playing at, Marxs?"

"But his son is alive and well."

While they were talking Rimm entered the back and started to walk towards Advi.

"Do not move any further Rimm. Since you planned on killing me and what an obvious way to it. I had to protect myself. Once Rimm entered, she activated the security system."

They started laughing. "A security system? You are so dead." Marx said threw laughter.

"Laugh if you want to, but I would not move. Any movement will be considered a threat unless I disarmed it.

There is a low vibration that is pulsing through your body at this very minute. Move and the vibration will become so intense it will start to explode vital organs one by one.

Leaving your brain for last so you can feel and comprehend everything that is happening inside your body. Your bones on your feet will liquefy into your skin fusing you to the floor, until you die slowly, painfully, inevitably."

Marx looked at Advi to see if he's bluffing. He could see no signs of a lie.

"You live today dowser, but I will end you next time."

Advi reached over to the desk, "Get out slowly.

Rimm if I was you want to die, come closer to me."

Rimm halted and turned to walk out the front door.

Once they reached a safe distance he punched the code in to disable the security. Advi went to get Janara out of hiding.

Janara crawled out, with Advi helping her to her feet.

"I have to go dowser." She turned to leave out the back door.

"Janara are you sure, your alright?"

She gave him a look and a slight smile, nodded her head and left.

"Some night" Advi said to no one but himself.