Janara and the Dowser(Meeting the Elder)

The Columa elders do not like anything new. So it did not surprise Janara that the elder lived in a more earthy place. The elders home is made from the earth itself and is engulfed with the vegetation that is native to the planet.

The elders home was guarded by two Columa warriors that looked as if they have not eaten since Tuesday. It's Friday!

"Janara do not speak and please lower you head until your addressed. Think of this as stepping back in time. Try your best to hold your tongue." Janara just nodded. She learned how to address the elder from her mother. At the time she thought it was strange that she was teaching her this. Now she thanked her in her mind.

They walked up to the door and was stopped by the guards.

"Were here to speak to the elder."

"The elders time is precious. What is so urgent that you must see the elder?"

The guard that was to the right of them was the one that was talking. The guard on the left was looking and visually examining Janara.

"Our business concerns the elder only. Please announce us. I know my right as a pure Culoma male."

The Columa males have to be assertive and show no weakness. It's known to have males missing, especially in if they are getting up in age. Janara smiled because her uncle has not lost any of his domineering presence and she knew the two males could feel it.

"Wait here. Who is this with you? You only ask to speak to the elder, she did not."

Janara knew they baiting him to find out she is.

"She is with me. Consider her as my shadow. Where I go she goes."

The guards were satisfied with the answer. The one in the right went in side to get the okay from the elder.

The guard returned and nodded his head as he held the door open for them. Janara tried her best to act if she was a little intimated by them. What she wanted to do is show them how timid she was not to get them to stop looking at her as if she was a piece of meat.

"Welcome, welcome Miha Columa. What has you in a uproar to see me."

The elder stood at six feet two inches. For his age his muscle tone should be a little sagged but a Columa male tend to keep their physic well into there 80's.

"I ask that you listen to my niece Janara Columa Wade"

The elders eyebrows furrowed when he heard the wade.

"A half breed wishes to speak to me. Why are you wasting my time Miha?"

"I am not wasting your time. Please listen."

"Speak." He yelled.

Janara took a deep breath to steady her voice. She did not want to show the anger she was feeling towards him."

"Elder I think I see the new priestess of the Columa people."

"That's ridiculous. Columa priestess's are born on Columa. Not on some foreign planet." He said with out hiding the annoyance in his voice.

"I know they are and I was shocked to see the markings of the priestess on her arm. The third ring has not closed and I found that strange as well."

"You would find it strange. A priestess must be born on on Columa and go the Columa woods to complete the third and final circle. She must go alone and she will naturally know what to do. "

"Then I am sure it is her. She has been captured by a bounty hunter named Marx's."

"Where are they taking her?"

"They are taking her to a political head on planet ITS664. The political head there is Titus."

"Your wrong Titus is dead."

"But his son is not."

The elder looked Janara in her eyes trying to see if she is lying to him. But he seen no tell tell sign of it. He could not just sit by had possibly have their priestess taken.

(what will he think to do comment in and let me know what you think)