Memories

"Bella?"

I can hear the voices, I can hear them calling my name. But they are not the voices I want to hear now.

They are the wrong voices.

This is wrong.

"Bella?!"

The voices are more frantic, more concerned, and possibly more caring. But they are still the wrong voices.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

"Bella, please answer us!"

I finally look up to the golden eyes of Carlisle and Esme Cullen. Everyone else is hunting, and I am staying here with these kind people.

This is wrong.

"Bella, honey. Are you okay?" Esme asks kneeling down in front of me.

"What happened?" I whisper out hoarsely.

"You started crying," Carlisle explains slowly. "You started choking, and you wouldn't answer us."

I lightly touch my face, and sure enough it is damp with the remnants of tears. My throat is dry and scratchy.

My head hurts.

"Do you want us to call Edward?" Carlisle asks gently, and I wince.

This is so, so wrong.

"No," I choke out. "I need to think some things through."

Slowly and carefully I stand and trudge up the stairs to Edward's room, but I can't face it. Instead, I sink to the ground outside the door and cry into my knees. Carlisle and Esme are comforting me again.

Wrong.

This is all so wrong.

I am not meant to know these people.

I am not meant to love Edward.

I am not meant to be here.

My heart tugs painfully at the thought of where I am meant to be, who I am meant to know, and who I do still love.

My dear, Niklaus.