News

A/N: This is a longer chapter than usual. Sorry it's been a while since I updated, but someone has tried to copy this story on a different site, so I've been feeling kind of down. :( Enjoy!

"Elijah," I whisper, running towards him. He pulls me into his arms immediately. 

"Isabella," He murmurs. "You're here." 

"How did you find me?" I breath, pulling him inside. No living person lives here (technically), so he doesn't need to be invited in.

Elijah smiles and stops just inside the door. "Calm down, Bell. This isn't my house, whether I have to be invited inside or not." 

"No, that's okay," Esme says. Her and Carlisle stand as Elijah and I turn to face them. "A friend of Bella's is a friend of ours." 

Rosalie hisses. "I told you," She snarls. "I told you, when Edward saved her from that van and exposed us, I told you she's a danger. We should have killed her then." 

Elijah snarls, and the veins quickly grow up his face. "Elijah," I mutter to him. "Stop. She means no harm." The veins fade away and his eyes turn back to their normal white. "How did you find me?" 

"Well," He begins, seating himself between Carlisle and I on one of the cream sofas. "As you have probably guessed, Finn is dead. When Rebekah told me, I realised that there is a certain brown haired beauty that he compelled to forget us. But there is something else..." 

"What?" I inquire, ignoring the Cullen children glaring at Elijah. 

"Mikeal is dead." I almost squeal with joy, but Elijah quickly quiets me. "Don't celebrate. There's been a development." I nod, waiting for him to continue. "Not an hour after Finn was killed, Stefan and Damon Salvatore sat in their home when Sage, Finn's love, and a vampire she had turned broke in. She wanted vengence, and she almost had it, but before the Salvatore brothers could be killed, Sage and her friend died." 

"How?" I exclaim, and I look behind Elijah to see that Carlisle looks very intrigued with this story. 

Elijah shakes his head. "It's not set in stone, but I've been told that the Salvatores believe it has something to do with the blood line. Sage was turned by Finn, and Sage turned her friend."

"What?!" I shout; Elijah looks pained. 

"It also seems that there are many people in Mystic Falls, the town we reside in now, are set on killing Klaus," Elijah murmurs, and I almost scream, but he covers my mouth with his hand. Edward growls at the contact, but only slightly, knowing I can't be hurt. "I don't blame them though. He has killed relentlessly in that town, and in the proccess of breaking the spell that kept his werewolf side bound, took away two children's last family member, and tried to kill one of the children... who is also known as the Petrova doppleganger." 

"He found the doppelganger?" I ask, even though I already have the answer. 

"Indeed," Elijah replies.

"So, if they manage to kill Klaus, then I die too?" I whisper. 

Elijah grimaces. "No, Klaus used Kol's blood to turn you." 

"Why?" I find myself asking, yet again. 

"Just in case," Elijah answers vaguely. "He was worried that you might be sired to him, and he wanted to know that the love you held for him, the love you hold for him, was real. He knew Kol held no romantic feelings for you and decided that if it turned out you were sired to him it could possibly be okay." 

"Oh," I murmur, upset. I thought Klaus's blood had turned me, which to me made our bond all the more special. It feels almost exactly the same as the thought of anyone but Edward turning me before I knew I was a vampire. 

Elijah picks up on my mood, and gently pats my shoulder. "It's okay, Bell, don't be sad. He just wanted to keep your love true."

"Are you sure it's Kol's blood?" I ask quietly, and a thoughtful look passes over his features. 

"No..." He finally answers, and I look up in surprise. "There is a chance that you were turned with my blood. Klaus was unsure of Kol at the time, and knew of my morals. He took both mine and Kol's blood, and never considered Finn or Rebekah. He is close with Bekah, but didn't, and still doesn't, trust her not to be manipulative if you were to annoy her, and him and Finn never really bonded. Maybe it was because of Finn's desire to die and take us all down with him." 

"Finn tried to kill you?!" I exclaim, my blood boiling. "Great. I'm already pissed off enough at him as it is. It's a good job he's already dead." 

'Lijah raises his eyebrows in question, causing me to giggle slightly. He is one of my oldest and bestest friends; I have missed him so much. "Sorry," I mumble. "But when he compelled me to forget, he compelled me to forget everything. I forgot I was a vampire."

His eyes widen, giving him a comical, bug-eyed look. "You knew nothing of your powers?" He shouts. "How have you kept safe?" 

I smile slightly, and gesture to the cold ones sitting around the room. "How do you think?" I ask, and Elijah looks around at the Cullens, slightly incredulous. "These people have saved my life more times than I care to admit. Edward has saved my life more times than I care to admit."

Elijah looks up at the Cullens. "Thank you," He whispers, to Edward especially it seems. "Thank you for keeping my brother's love safe." 

"How dare you?!" Rosalie screams, standing up suddenly. "How dare you invite an original into our home?! How dare you abandon my brother for another man?! How dare you?!" 

She raises her hand to slap me, but just before it connects with my face I catch her wrist, snarling. I bare my teeth involunatarily as my fangs break through my gums. My eyes turn red and the veins begin to grow. Rosalie flinches away from me but doesn't manage to pull her arm from my grip. 

Did I mention that my kind are stronger than cold ones? 

I finally let go of her, and look over at Edward. He has his head down, and he looks pained. Despite the fact I love Nik more, I still love Edward, and I can't bear the sight of him like this. 

"Edward..." I whisper, and he looks up at me. 

But I have no idea what I'm supposed to say.