Chapter 11

Hey readers,

Here is the next chapter you’ve been waiting for and I hope you enjoy yourselves reading it. Its more of a filler but I wanted to at more of Zoe’s and Hunter’s relationship into it, how they react to each other and such…

Anyway I hope you enjoy it and read more of my stories, also please don’t forget to comment, review or vote since I do really love your support, not to mention it does encourage me to write chapters quicker!

Lots of love

XXX

Zoe’s Pov

The following day I found myself actually looking forward to heading to the school, something I thought I would be thinking, let alone feeling. Sighing I felt my face form into a harsh scowl when I realised the reason why, not only was it because for once in my life did I have the chance to have friends, but I also knew that both me and my wolf were wanting to see our mate.

I didn’t know how to act around him any longer, I couldn’t act shy since that just wasn’t me. I couldn’t avoid him since I was in too deep now, not to mention blanking him was difficult since every time I either looked or smelled him I wanted nothing more than to give into my desires and jump his bones right there and then.

“Pull yourself together Zoe” I hissed to myself, throwing my hair into a high ponytail since I didn’t want to be bothered with it. Hell it’s not like I was trying to impress anyone, my stupid jerk of a mate can just go stuff himself.

Pursing my lips I grabbed my bag and shut the door to my small apartment, glancing at my watch only to swear when I saw getting ready had taken longer than I had expected.

“Great, now I’m going to be late. Just what I needed to make my day even crappier” I found myself hissing out of nowhere, great now I’m talking to myself! Brilliant!

It didn’t take me long to walk to the bus stop, but my mood only continued to sour when I realised that the only bus that actually went my route was the one I had just missed. Great, what the hell was I going to do now?

Sighing I picked my phone from my pocket, scrolling down the few contacts I had as I found Jacks number. It couldn’t hurt to ring him and ask right, I knew he must have a car due to the fact my ex-parents were loaded due to the whole having alpha blood. Sigh…

As I pressed the dial tone I leant against the bus stop shelter, glaring the idiots who either whistled or hooted at my appearance. I rolled my eyes, It drove me nuts when blokes done that, I mean how old were they? Five?

“Is everything alright Zoe, why aren’t you here?”  Jacks voice immediately filtered through the phone, the fact I could hear my mate in the background asking to give him the ‘god damn’ phone making me smile despite myself.

“Shish Jack I’m not that late, I’m fine but I missed my bus” I stated. It wouldn’t bother me whether he gave me a lift or not, missing a day of school really wasn’t on the top of my list of things I gave a damn about.

“What, so you want a lift?” he asked causing me to roll my eyes.

“No, why else would I be ringing?” I stated while rolling my eyes yet again, a habit I realised I was doing all too much of lately.

“Alright, where do you live?” he asked causing my eyes to widen slightly in panic, I may care for my brother but I do not want him to know where I’m staying. If he knew that my mate would know and in my current situation with him I would rather he was kept in the dark. I knew he would make my brother spill the beans if Hunter used an alpha command on him, which I knew he would have no problem doing. I sighed, this was getting more and more complicated.

“Can you pick me up…” I started, giving him directions to a large store which was at least 10 miles away. I could run through the forest to get there in time to meet him and he would be none the wiser, as long as I ran but didn’t shift the fact I knew how to mask my scent meant they would still be kept in the dark as long as I wanted them to be.

“Alright sis, look for the red Aston martin dbs.” Jack stated causing my eyes to widen, nice car bro.

I should have known he wouldn’t have wanted such a flashy car I thought as I felt my lips twist into a scowl, it vaguely recalling to me the fact I hadn’t been in the best of moods lately. But could you really blame me?

“What are you doing here?” I scowled as I stared into the hazel eyes of my beaming mate, the fact he was smiling widely at me meaning it was making it difficult for me not to swoon. He was hot when he smirked sure, but his smile just made me want to jump him and take him for the ride of his life.

“I came to pick you up” he stated in a duh tone causing me to hiss, the fact his eyes darkened in desire making me want to slap him upside the head to get him in the right track of mind. Was sex all he thought about? Pig.

“I am not getting in the car with you” I stated as I crossed my arms over my chest, my jaw clenching when I saw him staring at my chest with a renewed sense of hungry. For fucks….

“You’ll be late” he stated causing me to shrug, he seemed taken aback with my next comment causing me to chuckle.

“Think I care Hunter, school means nothing to me” I said honestly, though from the way his tongue flickered over his delicious looking lips I could tell he wasn’t even listening to me. Oh for the love of God! Get a grip man!

“I love it when you say my name” he stated huskily causing me to throw my arms up in the air in a sign of frustration, the fact I had to resist stamping my foot like a child making me want to breathe a sigh of relief that I managed to tamper down on the urge to do so.

“Will you get your head out of the gutter for once” I snapped at him causing him to wince from the driver’s seat window, the fact we had seemed to gain attention in the street not going past either one of us.

“Look Zoe I’m sorry, but will you get in the car, please” he pleaded slightly, the fact he said please being my breaking point as I sighed and made my way over to the passenger’s seat. I could tell he didn’t say please very often, being the Alpha meant you shouldn’t have to so saying it meant a lot to me whether he realised it or not.

“So, is there a reason why my co-called brother didn’t pick me up?” I asked as I put my seat belt on, the fact this was the most lush car I had ever been in making me gap with amazement as I ran my fingers over the seats and dashboard, I had never been in something so…expensive.

“I admit I may have ordered he let me get you” he stated with a wince, obviously expecting my wrath for his comment. What he didn’t get though was the fact I found myself touched that he hadn’t lied to me, he could have easily mentioned another excuse but he didn’t. It touched me, it really did that he was being honest.

“Oh” was my simple reply, shocking him but I was too busy looking around the car to comment on his stunned expression. This was a really nice car.  

“You like?” he smirked suddenly, obviously taking note of my awe as I looked around his vehicle with unhidden interest and fascination.

“Ok I hate to admit this to you of all people, but I love your car” I gushed honestly as I grinned and shot him a wink almost naturally causing me to freeze, was I getting comfortable around him now or something?

As soon as that thought ran though my head the only thing I could think was ‘Shit, I’m really in deep now’