Chapter 2

DANNY

Today was self defense day. I have been taking three forms of martial arts at least three times a week since I was four. My mom had a huge thing about self defense. I'm not sure why. My dad was a navy seal, but retired from it when I was born. Didn't stop him from acting like a seal though. We had a pool, a full gym, and a gymnastics set up in our backyard. Dad used to tell me stories about his training. The first time I shot a gun I was 2. The first time I threw a knife I was 8. I've been able to hold my breath for over 94 seconds since I was 12. I may not have been a seal myself, but I grew up like one. I loved the thought of being able to kick the big guys ass because I knew where to kick or elbow or punch. Defense was my life.

I walked into the gym I've been taking all of my martial arts for over 13 years, reminiscing on old times, as the smell hasn't changed in over a decade. Mark, my sensei, waved. He started out traditional, but after you've known someone for that long, formality kind of fades away. I learned all of my martial arts from him, and I have had a 6 hour session with him every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:00-6:00 since I was four. I was homeschooled, so the schedule wasn't an issue.

Since there wasn't much left to teach, Mark and I always just got set up at the punching bags and practiced while talking. Mark was like my best friend. Sure I had girlfriends, but I didn't have to hide anything from Mark. It was easy.

PAX

As I'm on my way to gym I can't get Danny out of my head. I pull up to the concrete building, and it feels different. I'm not sure why, it just does. I normally go in through the south entrance, in the back because I stay a while and people normally don't notice me when I go in that way. They're doing some sort of construction because there is a concrete mixer and caution tape. I have to go in  through the north doors. I always come here from 5:00-8:00, and I've done that for the past year. As soon as I walked in, I knew why it felt weird. Her.

She was at the punching bag, and in the minute or two that I was watching her she didn't stop moving to take a breath or get a drink. She was amazing. I was as calm as possible when I walked over to the empty punching bag next to her and went for it. My day was fine, but I wanted her to notice me. I kept going until I heard her pant and felt her eyes burn holes into my fists.

When we made eye contact, we both froze, nothing but our chests moving because of the rugged pants coming out of our lungs.

"Pax." She said, under her breath.

"Danny." I returned in the same fashion.

To both of our surprise I pinned her against the wall a few feet behind the punching bags. She must've felt something too, because she doesn't resist. My fingertips were lightly running down her exposed stomach. She was wearing a white loose shirt that barely covered her breasts. I could see that I was leaving goosed flesh behind my touches. She inhaled a sharp breath causing me to look up at her. She put her hands over my butt and continued until they were on my shoulder blades, her elbows bent on my side. We had been standing on mats. She shoved me down with a quick maneuver, her on top of me, straddling my waist.

At first I didn't understand what she was doing. But now I know: She wanted to wrestle.

I bent her down, acting like I was gonna kiss her but I flipped us over, so that I was on top. She started grinding on me and smirked when she noticed my member spring to action, even though it had been that way the whole time. I get like that whenever she pops into my head.

I closed my eyes, and the next thing I knew, her lips were on mine.