10

I sit on the desk as I swing my legs watching Severus making some potions for Dumbledore, I like watching him do this because he is so good at it. 

"Severus"

"Yes?"

"Where does Daddy keep going?"

"I don't know"

"Oh..."

"How are you so good at making potions?"

"I just am"

Well that's the end of that conversation then. The next 45 minutes was complete silence until the door opens and Daddy walks in. I cheer and run over hugging him as he picks me up. 

"Where was you?"

"I had a meeting"

"You have a lot of them"

he ignores me and talks to Severus in some grown up code which I can't understand then we leave. Well that was strange. 

1 Month later

The school year is coming to an end in a few weeks and Daddy has still been having those code conversations with Severus and Dumbledore.  I get changed into my outfit then I sit in the living area waiting for Daddy. 

"Morning little one"

"Morning Daddy"

"We're having breakfast here today because someone is here to visit you"

"Who?"

"It's a surprise"

I nod ok and an House Elf arrives with our food so I start digging into that. Once I've finished I go and wash my hands and around my mouth then I sit back down in my spot. Daddy leaves then returns with someone behind him but I don't know who. 

"Ready?" 

"yeah"

"MUMMY" I cheer as he steps out of the way revealing Mummy and I run over and hug her tightly 

"Haven't you've grown" She smiles hugging me back and kisses my head 

"I've missed you"

"And I've missed you too"

3hrs later 

"Right take a seat, Mummy has something important to tell you"

I take a seat in between Mummy and Daddy and smile up at her "We're gonna be a family now?"

"No sweetheart"

"Then what?"

"This will be the last time you'll see me"

"Until when?"

"lots of years or possibly never"

"Why?" I ask as my smile fades 

"Because Mummy has to work for a bad man, I got no choice and when you're older you will understand why. When you find out properly and fully understand it promise me you won't be mad at me because I done it to protect you. Remember I will always love you too and I'm so proud of you"

"I love you too"

When it's time I hug Mummy tightly saying how much I love her and she stands up opening the door. "Goodbye sweetheart"

"No, don't say goodbye. Like Peter Pan says; Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting"

She chuckles at my quote and kisses my head then walks off. Little did I know that this in fact would turn out to be a goodbye and the last time I'd ever see my Mummy.