hurricane jones [17]

[Ignorin by Omar Apollo]
word count: 2562

-

I woke up with a crack in my voice.

Something about my body felt like it wasn't mine in that moment between the dark and daylight. It was around 6 in the morning, I had a cracked voice and morning wood.

It happened more often than not now, my thoughts would stray to the way Dalton's hands felt on me. We'd been kissing a lot more and the way he wrapped around me leant back on his bed, it made me feel a bit small.

Maybe I liked that.

He was strong too, he'd yank me into him when he decided to kiss me and he always decided. That was never my decision, I'd never just kissed him, not the way he kissed me. He'd push hair out of my eyes every so often and pull my chin towards him out of nowhere, our lips would meet and he wouldn't let go until he was satisfied.

I thought of making out with Dalton, my stomach burning warm and it was starting to hurt.

I'd never been as curious as most boys my age, that I was sure of. I hadn't touched myself much.

I wondered if Dalton did... then I wondered if Wyatt did and then I was picturing them both.

And I couldn't decide which thought I liked more. I knew what Wyatt looked like underneath his shirt, I also knew what his thighs looked like since he'd wear shorts almost all year round. I could imagine further but I tried not to.

Something about imagining someone naked, someone who wasn't interested in me in that way, it always felt wrong.

Still, I remembered the summer before when he'd invited me to the end of year lake party and -obsessed with him- I actually went.

He was wearing a button down shirt fully open to expose a bare chest and his pooka shell necklace that he'd worn a bit too much that year.

His swim trunks were a bit too short and there were murmurs about his sexuality when he'd gotten up to socialize, jumping off the tire swing, he was always a bit fearless.

That was the first time I'd realized that I hadn't stopped staring at him.

And the party had consisted of me sitting around sipping on a beer that I didn't really like. Wyatt was a popular sophomore and I was trying to understand why he wanted to be around me, why he invited me and why he chose to sit next to me most of the night.

Maybe I was still trying to figure that out now. He didn't seem too irritated at me being his shadow, even if he did end the night with Shelley McKim in his lap. We sat around a fire playing spin the bottle, her itty bitty bikini showing off a little more than needed and I'd finished a solo cup.

I also realized that she was the "hottest girl in second year" and her... bust was big, spilling out of a too tight top. My jealousy just wasn't the same as the other guys.

I wasn't even looking at her and that scared me.

Confused and a little bit drunk on my third beer, I'd stumbled my way over to the lake house that Shelley McKim's dad owned. Teenagers spilled out into the open air, a throng of them shuffled around the house, lips swollen and giggling under light fog.

The smell almost overwhelmed me, my head light and that was the first and last party I'd been to.

Trudging in, I'd looked for Vince, his tongue shoved in Bianca Quintana's mouth.

His shorts hung low on his hips, deep red bruises scattered over his chest. In the car, he'd inspected the one on his neck, chewing his bottom lip in worry. One thing about Vince was he hated to disappoint Helena and Terry, part of me knew that it was because of his last home, we never talked about it.