Chapter 1: arachnophobia

It had been 3 years since the interspecies bill was passed in japan and soon after America had done the same. They had taken a lot from the Japanese bill but they had some changes because of untouchable crime. About half of the us is ok with our new guests and the other half are people who are completely against the fact that these monsters are here to stay.

Because of the progress we've made in the three years we now have living quarters just for monsters and as it seams normal people can rent them too. The place was modified for larger monsters so it's nice and spacious for just one guy. There are no normal people living near me anymore so i've gotten used to interacting with them but i had never even thought of living with one.

One morning i hear a loud banging at my front door, assuming it was just one of my neighbors bumping it when going past i didn't pay too much mind to it until i started hearing the sound of the only human in the area, my landlord. I groggily walk to the door with a cup of my cheep coffee in hand. The second the door is cracked he barges in. "So how are you doing Zane?" He says quickly before flopping down on my couch. "My name is Zac, i told you a couple times" I corrected him before sitting down in a chair. "Now look Zac i've had some complaints that you are living here by yourself, without a monster. You know this place is built for them and not people willing to take advantage of this place" he said sounding a little cocky. "I am a business man so if you want to stay here you really either need to pay me more and I'll ignore the people wanting this place or you're going to have to make a new friend down at the agency where they let monsters come home with you. I forgot what it was called MON or something." He says almost grinning. "Look i'll go find someone then. I'm sorry for the trouble but it really is nice here, i guess other monsters would want this place so don't worry." I say sounding a little disappointed. He finally leaves after taking a cup of coffee with him. "I wonder who i'll get?" I say to myself before going to get ready for my day.

After some time i had finally gotten ready to get on with my day. I had made myself a little bed for myself in the living room so they could have the master bedroom. I made sure i had all the groceries put away, kind of wanting to put off going to the agency. After i was finished wasting time i start my walk to the building. When i got there i saw many kinds of monsters there, and they were mostly cute girls. I couldn't believe my eyes seeing a few cat girls, mermaids, and even a couple of cute zombie girls. I was feeling much better about what i was getting myself into. I hadn't noticed that I practically rushed up to the counter to get my paperwork. I had rushed through it and put in all of the important stuff and turned it in. After they had handed me a copy of all the paper i signed i had realized a mistake, i forgot to put i had a fear of spiders and i marked that i was ok with all types of monsters. The lady at the desk sees me panicking a little as i read. "Don't worry sir the likelihood that you'll get a spider girl is really low since we have so many other monsters. You can go home now and we will have them delivered to your address." I start to feel relieved as i begin my little walk back home.

Once there i sit on the couch anxious about who i was going to be sharing an apartment with. "Was it going to be a guy or a girl? What were they going to be?" I kept asking myself. I had decided to call my landlord to tell him that they were supposed to be there soon and to let him know that i won't be moving out for awhile.

The next day i wake up to the sound of my front door being hit. I automatically assume that it's just the landlord and i groggily open the door to someone i've never seen before. "How are you doing today? I am from MON and we are here with your new room mate." She said smiling. "We were beginning to lose hope that anyone will take her in." I wake up a little at the thought of living with a cute girl and start smiling a little. The back of the truck opens it's large doors only to have nothing come out. " come on and get out here and meet your new friend" she practically shouts to whatever is in the truck. Slowly a big, fluffy, and orange leg slowly creeps out. The girl poked her head out to revile the many eyes. "When we saw that you were ok with any species we knew you would be able to take care of her, she's been on the waitlist for a long time now. This is Megumi." The lady said as she sees me gazing at the spider girl. I slowly get a little closer to the truck hoping to see more of her as she got out of the back of the truck. Her body was absolutely massive and covered in fluffy orange hair. I give her a look over, almost making her angry about how much i was checking her out. "Damn it will you stop? I know i'm different, you staring at me isn't going to make it any less weird" she says as she pushes past me and goes into the apartment. "You might want this." The lady said as she handed me a book about tarantulas and a few other things. After we say goodbye i go i side to see her looking around. "Why is this place so small? You didn't have too much money did you?" She says sounding hostile towards me. I shake it off and walk to her. "Hi my name is Zac. Sorry for staring at first I'm normally afraid of anything that has to do with spiders but you don't seem like you're out to hurt me." I say as i raise my hand to give her a handshake. She raises her big arm and grabs my hand. Although she is large she is actually really gentle. "Look i'm not looking for anything other than a place to stay. If you take care of me we won't have a problem." She says sort of glaring at me before it softens into a smile. "Oh and if you try petting me for any reason i'll poison you, i know i'm fluffy but damn it i have too many people wanting to see how soft my hair is." She says as the smile fades. "Ok I promise i won't try petting you." I say to her but in my head i was kind of sad. " damn it she's so cute and fluffy i just want to cuddle with her" i said in my head...and out loud.