Chapter 4: wyrm

After things settled down we had felt a little connection between us. Megume would keep me company at all times and even seemed less hostile. We had started going out more, but staying where there were lots of interspecies people. Anyone who even looked at me was met with an aggravated scowl on Megumi's face. I couldn't help but be happy about how protective of me she was.

We were out today walking past the agency's building just as the lady who brought Megumi to me was leaving. She looked at us and smiled, rushing over to me. "How are things with your little friend?" She said teasing Megume as she held my hand. Megumi just looked away and proceeded to ignore her. "So we've gotten word that things are going well. Thats good for us because we actually need you to do us a favor. One of the girls we were planning to bring to you to stay has gone missing and i was hoping you could help find her." She said in a rush. Megumi turned and looked at her, feeling a little angry. "So what's this about you bringing another girl? All Zac needs is me." She said holding me closer. This time i feel a little embarrassed as I gently hold her. "Well if you want to stay with him you will have to deal with the new girl because we need people who will take in these girls." She threatened, making Megumi back down. "Fine we'll help you find her. What is she and what does she look like?" I ask as i hold megumi close. "She is a wyrm and she has bright red scales. You won't be able to miss her." She said before leaving. "Well that was rude wasn't it?" I say as we start walking down the street on the lookout for this wyrm girl.

After some searching we had no luck. We just ended up having fun and talking the whole way before deciding to go home. Just as we started to go home Megumi tensed up, sensing that something was coming. Something had flown past us almost too fast to see. Without any warning i was grabbed by my shoulders and started feeling the ground under my feet vanish. I was flying with someone's sharp claws digging into my shoulders. The scales were blood red and the claws looked like they could kill someone with one good swipe. I look up to try to see her face but all i saw was a couple of large breasts blocking my view. The second i looked back down i realized that we were way above the ground. I quickly grab her legs, desperate not to fall. "Who are you?" I yell, hoping that she would hear me. "I am your wife!" She yelled down to me. I stop, looking kind if puzzled before i started flipping out. "Husband if you don't stop i'll drop you!" She yelled at me as we make our way to an unfinished skyscraper. She sets me down and keeps a close eye on me as she settles in. "So why am i your husband?" I ask confused. "You are my husband because not many people can handle that beast of a girl you have." She said as she cornered me. It was either fall off the skyscraper or be with her. I just sit there and let her do what she wants to me as she gets closer and closer. "So husband how did you tame that spider?" She said as she gets onto my lap, wrapping her wings around me. "I treated her like a human being and not like a monster. She is important to me." I say as she got closer to my face. "Well you didn't say one word i was looking for so that means you are fair game honey." She said before pressing her lips to mine. I can't do anything as she does what she wants with me. Just then Megumi climbs her way to where we were to see her kissing me. "Get away from him!" She yelled as she charged at us. Megumi leaps at her, barely missing her and landing on me. Megumi quickly recovers and pounces, trying to hit her at least once. They both manage go make small hits on each other before they both stop for a breath. After a second of rest the wyrm girl lunges at Megumi with her claws ready to cut her open. Megumi dodged and quickly used her claws to slice the skin of her wing. She cried out in pain as she lay there, unable to fly and unable to escape. "Now i think you need to learn who you just messed with." Megumi said as she bares her claws. I quickly get in front of her, blocking her. "You won. There's no need to take it any farther." I say as i hug her, trying to get her to calm down. She keeps inching her way closer to the wyrm girl even after i try to stop her. Just then an idea popped into my head. I squeeze her tightly and kiss her deeply. The shock alone was enough to make her snap out of it. She smiled and closed her eyes as she let me kiss her. Suddenly her eyes opened and pushed me away. "Ok that's enough." She said as i try to catch my balance before i fall. As i try to catch myself i trip on some nuts and bolts that were left out, falling out the side of the building. I heard Megumi cry out as i started falling. I watched flashes of light happen before my eyes as i see the ground getting closer to me. At that moment the wyrm girl jumped out the window after me. She raced down the side if the building catching me with her claws. She opens her wings and we slow down. Blood starts to drip down, when i looked up i saw the cuts that Megumi had left on her wing as we slowly descended to the ground. The girl was crying, feeling the intense pain of her wing being ripped farther.

We finally make it to the ground to see the blood that had fallen from her wound. Without warning i instantly wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. "Why did you save me?" I ask as i look her in the eyes. "I wanted to repay you for saving me from her." She said as she pointed up to Megumi, who was climbing down slowly. "I'm sorry for taking you away from her. You must care a lit about her for doing that to get her to snap out of it." She said looking away from me. "I do care for her. I care about everyone and it's my goal to see people happy." I say as i gently pat her head. "Now you two should make up and then we can go home. I'll stitch up your wing when we get there." I say as i smile at her. Megumi makes her way down only to blush hard when she sees me. "Sorry i didn't mean to push you so hard." She says as she grabs me and pulls me away from the wyrm girl. "So who are you anyway?" She said as she holds me. "My name is Scarlet and you are going to let go of my lover." She said sounding kind of cute.

I can tell that this is going to be a long nest few weeks.