Chapter 7: dominance

Ever since Bailey joined our little family i've noticed that things have been a bit more tense. When i'm there the girls try to get closer to me and when i'm not in the room i can hear them arguing. The sense of balance had disappeared with the addition to Bailey. Most every morning Bailey asks me to go on her morning walks with her and i try to go with her but her idea of a walk is a marathon. I can't keep up with her pace and she normally has to stop for me. "This is your idea of a walk?" I say panting as we take a break. "Yah i do this every day. We Kobolds are very fit and have a lot of energy. You wouldn't want to see me when i hadn't had my walk." She teases as we take our drinks. "I'm glad you go with me most days. It's nice spending time with you and not with those two glued to your arm. I understand why they like you but it's got to make you uncomfortable, doesn't it?" She says as she looks at me curiously. "Well my main goal is to make them happy. I hate seeing people sad so i'll do my best even if i am a bit uncomfortable. I think that seeing you girls smile is worth being uncomfortable sometimes." I say as i gently pet her head. She smiles and her tail wags hard before jumping on me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "You definitely arn't like the guys i've lived with before. It's nice how someone can be so generous and actually wants to see us happy. I feel like you treat us better than even humans sometimes and that just makes me happy to be treated like an equal." She says before hugging me. My face is bright red as she sits back on the bench beside me. I smile like an idiot the whole time we sit together. "That was a good rest. How about we finish our walk and then when we get home i'll make us some food." I say before patting her head again. She gets up and gently grabs my hand, holding it gently as she walks at my pace. She almost seems like she's taking her time so that we can be together more, which makes her seem so much cuter.

When we get back home Megumi and Scarlet are sharing my bed, the gap where i was laying was still there. I start to make breakfast for all of us, making the whole house smell good. The other two slowly wake up, seeming mad that the other one was who they woke up to. "Where were you? I was missing you." Megumi says kind whining as she makes her way to the counter. She wraps her arms around me, holding close. I feel her purposely press her breasts against me, trying to get a reaction out of me. I try to ignore it as i finish up making breakfast. "Bailey and i went for a walk. Sorry i wasn't there but i need to spend time with all of you to make sure you all are happy." I say as i turn around to face her and hug her tightly. She cuddles up to me smiling before letting go of me to get her plate. "Thanks for the food and for making me happy." She says before kissing my cheek. Scarlet just walks by and grabs her plate, almost seeming like she's pissed off. "Hey are you ok?" I say to her wanting her to tell me what i can do to help her. "Nothing, just don't leave me alone with the spider again. You are the person i'm here for, ok." She pouts before trying to leave. I gently pet her head letting her know that everything is going to be ok. I see her blush a bit before going to sit down. Bailey is the next to get her food. She had just come back from having a shower and was only wearing a towel. It was tightly wrapped around her body to avoid any accidents as she stretched out. I could still he how big her breasts were, they weren't nearly as big as Megumi's but were bigger than Scarlet's boobs, kind of odd for someone who is as fit as she is. After being caught starring she smiles before kissing me on the lips real quick. "Thank you." She says as she gets her plate. The other two have a look of shock as Bailey sits down at the table. I had the same look of shock and embarrassment on my face as i take my plate and sit on the end of the table. Megumi and Scarlet look as though they were ready to kill Bailey but she paid no mind to them and continued eating. "Ok Zac. I know you're the one to blame for all this. I know it's your nature to want to make us happy but damn it all of us shouldn't be competing for your attention. I can tell all of us love you but there's going to have to be a point where you're going to have to decide who you're going to be with." Megumi says kind of angrily. The other girls just look at me, curious as to what i could say to that. " i know i'll have to pick some time but when i think about who i want to be with i also see the other two being sad and it makes my heart hurt knowing i'm going to end up hurting you. I don't want to see the people i hold close to me hurting, i've already had to deal with that a long time ago." I go quiet, thinking about why i'm like this, why i want to make everyone happy. The girls notice that my thoughts are racing as i look as though i'm about to cry. "Look it's ok. We don't need an answer now. I know seeing people sad is hard for you so we'll just sit tight for you. Just like how you want us to be happy we also want to see you happy. You are the most important person in the world to us so please smile again." Scarlet says tearing up as she smiles at me. Bailey and Scarlet crowd around me, hugging me gently. "She's right and sorry for sounding like a bitch. I guess there are some things you're hiding from us and maybe we'll find out what they are eventually but until then just keep doing what you're doing. You are a great person and the one i love the most. Please just smile again." Megumi says looking as if she's kicking herself for trying to make me pick right then and there. She comes over to me and hugs me tightly, giving me a soft kiss as she holds me. "I'm so sorry." She whispers as she presses her head to mine as she looks me in the eyes. We both smile as we all sit there hugging and making up.