Chapter 10: family

The Christmas season was upon us and this year i was is going to be a bit awkward. My mom, dad, and sister decided that they don't see me enough and said that they are coming up for Christmas. I never told them about my living arrangements, especially not the girls. As the girls were putting up Christmas decorations i was busy panicking. "Whats wrong babe? You don't look like your in the Christmas spirit." Bailey says as she happily wags her tail. "It's just that my family is coming over for Christmas and i really havn't talked to them since moving out." I say as i sit on the couch next to some boxes. "Well maybe it's a good thing? I mean you say you consider us family so maybe they will too?" Scarlet says as she accidentally wraps herself up in tinsel. I shake my head a little disagreeing. "They are judgmental about everything. Before this they were judgmental about people and now that you guys are here i don't know what they would think." I say as i sot there worried. "Hey it's going to be ok. As long as no body does anything to upset them the worst they can do is bot come back. I don't think that they would cause a scene." Megumi says as she sits in front of me smiling. I smile back and give her a hug. "Thanks. Now i'll help put up decorations, maybe it'll help take my mind of it." I say as i get up and dig into one if the boxes.

After a couple hours of decorating the house looks warm and inviting with red and gold. Scarlet gently taps my shoulder trying to get me to look. The second I turn my head i'm greeted with a big kiss. I look up and she had a mistletoe in her claw, holding it above our heads. "I hope this helps you forget about your worries." She says smiling. "Hey not fair!" Bailey says rushing over to get some too. As Megumi and Bailey crowd around me trying to get a kiss I slowly duck out. The both had their eyes closed as the both accidentally kiss each other. They held the kiss for awhile before realizing that it wasn't me. They both snap their eyes open and see each other. Both turn away from each other embarrassed as Scarlet laughs at them. "Not funny Zac. You owe me later." Megumi says embarrassed. "No i'd say we were even Megumi. I don't know if you remember but on the full moon we kind of just did what we wanted to him." Bailey says as the other two scratch their heads not remembering. Bailey laughs a little, knowing that her and I are the only ones to remember what happened. "As i recall you were pretty into it Zac." Bailey teases as she walks over to me, wrapping her arms around me. "Sorry but i don't know anyone who can give an Australian kiss like you do." Bailey says teasingly. "Whats an Australian kiss?" Scarlet whispers to Megumi. "It's like a french kiss but down under." She whispers back embarrassed, realizing what we had all done. "Ok none of that while my family is here got it?" I say trying to shake the embarrassment off. "We got it." They all say as we start putting the boxes away.

A few days later it was Christmas day. There were presents under the tree for every one of the girls, almost filling the floor. All the girls were asleep in my bed because i felt like it was fine fir Christmas. I get up before the girls and start making breakfast. The scent of peppermint pancakes wakes the girls from their deep sleep. Their eyes were filled with joy when they saw the presents on the floor. Bailey hops up off the couch and runs to me happily. She kisses me gently as she smiles. "You got us all of that? You know you didn't have to." She says hugging me. "It's our first Christmas together and I wanted to celebrate. Be careful about what you open up, some of those are for my parents and sister." I say as i fill their plates with peppermint pancakes. "Lets eat first and then i'll give you the presents i want you to open first, were saving the rest for when the family gets here." I say as i sit in my normal spot. I watch over the girls as they happily ate. I can't help but smile as i see them excited and happy. I dig into my food quickly finishing so that i can give them their presents. After everyone was finished i race over to the presents and pick out the ones i wanted to give first. When i turned around they each had something with my name on it. "We wanted you to open up something too. We got Bailey to skip one of her runs to go out and get you a little something since we can't leave without you." Megumi says as we all trade boxes. "Thank you guys. I really appreciate it."i say smiling as we all tear into the wrapping paper. From Scarlet I got a hand made bracelet. "It must have been hard for you to make this Scarlet. Thank you." I say as i put it on. Next was from Bailey, she had gotten me a collar and tags that matched the one she wore. "I just thought that maybe you would wear it? It's nothing kinky i just wanted something that said you were mine and i was yours." She says as i read the tags. I smile and put the tag on the collar before putting it on my other wrist. "Thank you. I guess the collar means something more to you than it does for humans so i'm happy." I say as i pat her head. "Yah to Kobolds it's almost like proposing." She says slightly embarrassed. I look a bit embarrassed myself but i go for Megumi's present next. I open up the envelope she gave me to see a hand written letter. I read through it, trying not to cry as i hug her. "Thank you. It was very touching." I say as i let her go. She smiles at me and quickly pulls me back in for another hug. "Hey i love you and i'm not good with words so i hoped it made you happy." She says as she lets me go embarrassed. "Now all of you should open your presents." I say smiling. Megumi had gotten a new coffee maker and a lot of her favorite kind of coffee, Scarlet got a shiny crystal necklace, and Bailey had gotten special shoes for Kobolds. "I know mine arn't as special as the ones you gave me but I thought that they would make you a bit happier."i say as they all come up and hug me. Just then we hear a nock on the door. I get up to answer it and it was my Parents and sister. They looked happy to see me but the second they saw Megumi they turned around and ran. "What are you all running for you arachnophobs?" I yell at them as they left. I slam the door, mad that they didn't even give Megumi a chance. Megumi comes up to me and hugs me. "It's ok. It happens all the time." She says, looking like she's going to cry. I just hug her back gently, trying to comfort her. "Lets just have fun together. You all are my family." I say getting all of them to smile.

We had a great day without my family. Everyone was happy at the end of the day especially me being surrounded by the beautiful girls i love.