Rescue

Ben's p.o.v.

After that sweet smile she sent my way as she went inside, I haven't seen that side of her the rest of the day. She went up to her room and as she scaled the stairs, those of us sitting on the couch could hear her light laughs of growing insanity, causing even the bravest of us to tremble in our places.

"Ben, dude, we got to go after Toby soon or she'll lose her mind. We cant have another me running around, you know."

"I know, Jeff, but we can't just let her go off on her own."

After my short piece, we all hear a window shatter and Nikki's hysterical laughter fill the void of the woods.

"She's going after him! Sally, stay here and tell Slendy what happened!" Jeff took off after Nikki, with me and any other Pastas that were in the house right behind him.

I could barely see Jeff's white hoodie as we struggled to keep up with Nikki. Masky and Hoodie were a few feet in front of me so if I lost Jeff, they could still see him. Jane was to my right and EJ was to my left as we chased after the derranged girl. How did she even know where Toby was?

"We're all thinking the same thing, Ben. Clockwork probably had something planted in her room to lure her out." Jane calls from the side as we weave through trees, barely keeping up.

We were at the edge of the forest before Jeff stopped, all of us regrouping.

"Where is she, Jeff?"

Jeff turned a little to his left and pointed to a clearing where three figures were; one was off to the side and down on the ground while the other two were closer to the center. "Toby is the one to the side. We can't get too close or else they'll see us."

"Well, why not just take off that white jacket that makes you stand out from a mile away?" Jane spat at him.

"You have a point." Jeff admits, taking his hoodie off and dropping it to the side. "Still, we can't get that close or else we'll interfere. This is Nikki's fight."

So, we stood by and watched the two girls confrontbeach other.

---------------------------------------------------------

Toby's p.o.v

After Nikki showed up, Clock had woke me up and taunted Nikki with how weak I was in this state. My hands were tied behind my back and I was set on my knees; I was covered in gashes and bruises from head to toe. I could barely hear or see what was going on; I could see the blurred shapes of Clock and Nikki a few yards away.

All I could do was watch as Clock tormented the girl to the point she was twitching uncontrollably, fighting with her sanity. She finally yelled something I could barely make out, save for one word.

". . . . TOBY!!!!!!" Nikki then proceeded to rush Clock, taking her by surprise, and proceeding to strangle her.

While they fight, I catch sight of figures making their way around to me. I can recognize Jeff's figure at the front so that gives me some relief. As they near, Ben and EJ stay by my side and Jane gives me some meds after saying something I can't really hear. It takes a while but after popping the pills, my senses start coming back and I can clearly hear Nikki's and Clock's fight nearby.

During all of that time, Clock had thrown Nikki off and had charged her, only to be met with a fist to her face when she got close enough. The both of them yelled at each other, calling eachother out and screaming names at one another as they unleashed pain. I could now clearly see the lack of sanity in Nikki's eyes as she fought in a pure rage.

"He deserves ME! I was in his life before your existance! How about I do you a favor and erase it." Clock pulled a knife out of her jacket, twirling it in her hand once before throwing it right at Nikki. Her eyes widened when the girl remained standing as the blade embedded itself into her shoulder; Clock had missed her mark and angered the beast even further.

"My turn." Nikki stared Clock down, a grin plastered on her face as she rushed the poor pasta, ripping Clock's knife out of her and shoving it through the side of her head.

The rest of us were in shock of what she did, but soon enough that shock turned to fear as she neared us with knives of her own.

"N-Nikki? Calm d-down, babe. It's over, sh-she's gone and I-I'm here." I tried soothing her, the Pastas backing behind me and into the trees. They had left me to the monster, but I don't care. I want my girl back.

I dragged myself closer to her, noticing her grin becoming smaller as I neared until it was just a straight face covered in blood. "Nikki, I-I'm sorry you had to s-suffer because of me. I'm here a-and I'll never leave again." I pulled on her free hand, and she surprisingly went down and sat at my level, her feet tucked under her.

Looking up into her eyes, I could see her internal struggle to not kill me right then and there. She was hurting because of me.
I pulled myself into her lap, my hand coming up to her face and cupping her cheek. "I-I'm here, my angel." Caressing her cheek with my thumb, she finally relaxes under my touch and the insanity leaves her beautiful eyes.

Tears now form at the edges of her eyes as she comes to realize what happened. "Toby," she hugged me, burying her face in the crook of my neck and letting out a sob, "I'm s-so sorry. I hurt you, d-didn't I? I'm a m-monster."

I returned her hug, gently rubbing her back. "Y-You didn't hurt me. I-I'm alright. You're not a m-monster, y-you're a pasta like me. W-we'll get through our internal battles t-together."

The pastas emerged from their hiding spots in the trees, helping me and Nikki stand. Jeff and Ben stood on either side of me, an arm around each of their shoulders to keep me up.

I smiled at Nikki, giving her a thumbs up as she smiles back.
"Come on, b-babe, let's go h-home."