XIX: "I'm Yours..."

Chapter XIX

Sandy and I frantically made our way back to our hotel room, unable to go on another minute without our hands to each other. I know I couldn't keep my hands to myself anymore after spending a sleepless night knowing she's just across from where I was. How she managed to sleep puzzles me cause even with my head is occupied with apprehension with meeting Gabriel, she still manages to slip in and take over my thoughts. 

Hearing the door shut behind us,  my heart started a rhythm that made me wonder how I was still able to function without having a heart attack. Never in my life had I felt so nervous and scared of a woman than now.

"Sandy," I breathed out her name and saw her shudder . "I want you to understand that even though I approached you with ill intentions, I never wanted to hurt you." 

"That night at the club, I liked you. And then you were gone, I started to think you were just a figment of my imagination. You have no idea how excited I was to see you the next day." I continued when she refused to turn and face me, feeling myself offering my heart to her. But in order for me to do that, I have to ask for forgiveness for everything I've done. 

"Then you found out I was Arnold's mistress." She turned then, pinning me with stare. "Or perhaps you already knew but acted as if you didn't?"

I shook my head in response, needing her to know and understand that it was never like that. "When I found out who I thought you were and made up a plan to get rid of you, it was because I was angry at you and at my dad. Mostly at Arnold. Just thinking about you being his, I feel as if I would go insane. Then you became someone more unattainable. It felt like a nightmare when I learned you were my half sister. That was when I realized how much I've come to care for you. I'm sorry,"

Her gaze softened and she closed that distant that separated us putting her damp lips against mine. All I could do was close my eyes and savour that feeling of acceptance. I felt as if I don't have to fear rejection again, that feeling of being a disappointment, of guilt. I felt that if I have Sandy by my side, who I am and where I came from doesn't even matter. 

This moment and being with her in it was all that matter. 

"You don't have to apologize," she said once we've managed to pull away from each other.

"I do, for everything. For my and my mother's behaviour, please forgive us." 

"I already have," she caressed my hair and stared lovingly into my eyes. I felt my heart swell with overwhelming gratitude and love for this wonderful woman before me. I don't know what I did to even deserve her but I thanked the heavens for allowing her into my life.

"Sandy, I think I love you." I whispered gently to her ears wrapping my arms around hers in a sensual embrace. 

"I think I'm falling in love with you." I heard her saying.

"We better do something about this then," I chuckled and she smiled in return. "I'm giving you a chance to run away now. Otherwise you're stuck with me Ms. Mendiola."

"Who said I'm going to run away Mr. Jacobs?"

We stared at each other and burst out laughing. Okay, saying my father's last name was weird.

"Remind me not to do that again." she said looping her arms around my neck.

"I'm warning you, there's no way out. Are you sure you want this?" my voice held confidence but I'm filled with fear and doubt.

"More than anything," she answered with certainty and felt relief wash over me. Next thing I know I'm all over the woman I've yearned for since I met her.

I couldn't think properly as my emotion washed over me. I'm getting high of her kisses. She's like a drug I wouldn't mind taking. Heck, if kissing her is deadly I'd rather die.

"Last chance," I said with hint of amusement when I managed to pulled back just a little.

"Take me, I'm yours." She purred seductively and I struggled to maintain control.

"And I'm yours." My heart throbbed, painfully aware of the uncertainty tomorrow will bring. But tonight, tonight I have her with me and there's nothing else in this world that could take that away from us.

I laid down next to her, panting while I stared at the ceiling feeling content. "You didn't tell me it was your first time."

"It doesn't matter," I felt her stiffen before she replied.

I gathered her in my arms and we cuddled in silence. How could it not matter? 

"You're mine now." I said giving her forehead a kiss.

I closed my eyes knowing that this may not last forever. I can't let myself fall deeper that I have already fallen but is there any way to stop this? 

"And you're mine." she whispered before falling fast asleep.