Chapter 12

When Kazu woke up the next morning, she looked at the clock and panicked. It was already twelve. She jumped out of bed and quickly started to get ready.

"Aw shit." Kazu said, not even watching her cussing. "I'm so late for school!" She shouted out. She was soon completely dressed, and she was heading out the door, just as she was about to open it, she stopped.

"Wait. It's Saturday... isn't it?" She asked. She face palmed. "Man I'm an idiot... aren't I?" She sighed and turned back around, changing into a hoodie and some loose jeans. She grabbed her iPod and placed it in her hoodie pocket. She then grabbed her wallet and headed out the door. Better to get some shopping done on her day off.

As Kazu was walking down the stairs, she heard a door open and close, she looked behind her and saw Haruhi walking out if the apartment.

Haruhi lives here? This is not good. Kazu thought, she headed down the stairs quickly and hurried to hide under them, next to the apartments. She watched as Haruhi walked down the stairs and headed away from Kazu. Who sighed and moved from under the stairs, heading the opposite way and to the mall.

When she finally got to the mall, Kazu wondered around, she loved to just look around in the mall. She turned on her music and listened to one of her own songs. Other stars would think it's shallow to listen to your own songs, but Kazu thought listening to them as inspiration. This particular song never got a music video, so she was thinking of moves for it, practicing the dance moves as she was walking, earning a couple stares from some people passing.

Kazu didn't really have a reason to be here, she already had food, she had gone to the store after school the day before, after the whole Renege incident. She looked around, purely just walking around. She jumped as she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned and quickly jumped away. Quickly relaxing as she saw who it was.

She turned off her music. "Hey Haruhi. What brings you here?"

"I could as you the same thing." Haruhi said. "Why are you at this mall, shouldn't you be at some rich kid mall?"

"Why? All malls are the same in my opinion. All overly priced stuff. These malls are a bit more honest to the actual price in my opinion."

"That seems reasonable." Haruhi said. "You want to hang with me this afternoon?"

Kazu thought about it. "Sure." She followed Haruhi, and suddenly her stomach growled. "I may of skipped breakfast this morning..." She muttered.

Haruhi smiled, then she laughed. "I didn't know rich kids were allowed to skip breakfast!"

"So what? I may of slept late this morning. I literally woke up half an hour ago."

Haruhi smiled, then she laughed, when she finally recovered she looked over at Kazu, "How about we grab some lunch."

"That actually sounds pretty good." Kazu said.

Haruhi smiled, and followed Haruhi to a fast food place. They ordered and sat down with their food.

"So, you planning on buying anything today?" Haruhi asked.

"Not really." Kazu replied. "I really just went here to wonder. I didn't have a real plan for today. Maybe a break from the other guys."

"I can totally understand that." Haruhi said. She smiled and took a bit if her food.

"So, why are you here?"

"Same as you." Haruhi said.

"I totally don't blame you." Kazu said. "Though I really just needed a break from Renege. Seriously, that girl's insane." Kazu said. "But I'd bet you anything that Kyoya will still release the video. It would be a good way for our club to make profit."