Chapter 4 - The Marauders Meet

Remus stood next to Peter at the door of a compartment, they had met on the platform and Peter had anxiously asked to sit with the green eyed boy. "These people don't seem to bad." Remus gestured to the carriage that had two boys and a girl sitting inside, they seemed to be just sitting and talking rather than raging around and screaming like the students they had seen in other carriages. Peter just squeaked, he seemed extremely nervous, more nervous than Remus himself.

Remus took that as an okay so knocked on the glass and stepped into the compartment. He looked around at the occupants and made eye contact with the girl that sat on her own bench. Her bright blue eyes locked with his and froze all of his movements, but not in infatuation, he just saw pain and suffering, the emotions he was so familiar with. Remus just couldn't seem to take his eyes away from her. He could only hope that this girl did not know the same pain he did, yet something in his head told him that she knew exactly what he had been through. That they had both met the same monster.

James sat next to Sirius staring at the two new boys that had walked in, eyeing them over. They both seemed extremely nervous and hopeful, the complete opposite of Sirius' entrance and appearance only minutes before. James noticed that neither of them had said a word since they had entered the carriage. The shorter boy had his eyes on the floor but they flickered up and glanced nervously around the carriage then straight back down to the floor, he seemed terrified of all the people around him, nervous in front of the all of the judging eyes. James turned to look at the taller boy. His eyes were focused on something on the opposite side of the carriage, on Cassadee. James turned to his sister and realised she was staring back at the boy yet they both had an understanding look. He still did not feel comfortable with someone staring at his sister like this, with such intensity.

James coughed, drawing everyone's attention to him "Yes?" he directed the question to the two new boys.

"Oh... yeah... uhm...." the shorter boy stuttered, his nervousness seeping into his shaking tone, "We were hoping we could join you in here. If not that's okay... Peter I think we should go..." the taller green eyed boy interrupted his friends babbling and grabbed his arm, opening the door again. "No no, please, feel free to join us." James said. He may have not enjoyed the boy staring at his sister but he did see the hope and connection she felt already. He knew that she didn't like this boy in a romantic way, he knew his sister well, but yet he saw her happiness and couldn't deny her this moment after all she had been through.

The two boys sat down on the same bench as Cassadee, the taller boy next to her and the other boy sat next to him. Sirius spoke up after being quiet for the longest time since he had first walked into the carriage, "So what are your names?" He was smirking, yet this seemed to be a normal state for the boys face.

"I...I'm P..Pet...Peter.." the shorter boy managed to stutter out and he managed to make eye contact with James and Sirius but quickly moved his eyes back to the floor. "I'm Remus. Thanks for letting us in here by the way. What are your names?" Remus seemed a lot more confident than Peter yet his voice still had a lot of anxiety within it. These two boys seemed the total opposite of James and Sirius, quiet, humble but impressionable. Even though they were all the same age, James and Sirius already had extremely loud personalities and it was clear they knew who they were, whereas these two new boys seemed as though they had been told who they were but had not quite figured out who they wanted to be. Cassadee had most of her personality thrust upon her so she was still trying to find a way out of the bubble that she had been trapped in for the past few years.

This carriage was full of five people that had completely different personalities and hopes. They were all wizards or witches and had magical blood in them they were all going to the same school for the same purpose, sitting in the same carriage. Yet they were soon to become a family, no matter how unlikely the friendships. This was how the Marauders met for the first time.