Chapter 14 - The Sorting

Authors Note: I'm sorry this took so long but I hope I have made up for it. It is a pretty long chapter and I'm pretty sure I've rambled a lot so sorry about that. I hope you enjoy reading!

Chapter 14 -The Sorting

James' chuckle was still not enough to calm Cassadee but his groan of pain as he sat up was what made her screams stop. Even though she was not on the same boat as him, Cassadee wanted to be there. James always made her feel comfortable and seeing him unconscious made her hysterical and knowing that she was the reason made her feel even worse.

As the boats arrived on the shore of the black lake, Cassadee leapt out of the boat she was in and shoved through the other students, ignoring their shouts, towards James. Sirius was pulling James out of the boat, not paying attention to his grunts of protest claiming that he was fine. Even though they had met only a few hours ago, Sirius felt compelled to help him, not out of pity but he felt accepted for the first time in his eleven years.

"James what were you doing in the water you absolute tosser?" Cassadee ran up to James and hugged him. They were both dripping with the water and dazed from the events that had just taken place. "You were crying Cass, what else did you expect me to do?"

"Wait until we got to shore like any regular overprotective brother?"

"Since when have I ever been a normal overprotective brother Cass? Now why were you crying?"

"Lily, the girl from the platform, was on a boat with Severus. The Severus."

"As in before the incident Severus? So you weren't upset?" Cassadee's face dropped at the mention of the incident as Sirius looked on at the twins confused. "Yeah, well not exactly no"

"What do you mean not exactly?"

"Well.... He erm... he.... Let's just say he doesn't like me much anymore..." She tensed up at the memory of only minutes ago. "Then Cass, he isn't worth your tears or your time. You're an amazing person and if he can't see that it's his loss." A new voice joined in the conversation, causing the siblings to pull away from their hug and look at their new friend standing a metre away. "Sirius is right sis, don't listen to whatever that looser said." James patted Sirius on the back as a thanks for his inspiring words.

Cassadee listened to the words that the two had said but yet three words still ricocheted around her head "you're a monster" but she wouldn't tell her brother that Severus had said that, not until she had time to come to terms with it. "Just remember Cass..." James' voice snapped her out of her thoughts once again, "As long as i'm alive, I will always come and help you. You're the most important person to me. I love you sis." Cassadee nearly began to cry at those words both due to the heartfelt meaning of them, and the fact that she was lying to her brother, her twin. "You are my hero James. You always have been."

"Guys I hate to ruin this sibling moment but... I think we should probably head up... were in enough trouble as it is. Not that that's a change for me but..." Sirius laughed as he tugged on both of their arms and began to drag them towards the castle which will be their home for the next seven years. Once the trio had caught up with the rest of the students, they found Remus and Peter and the mismatched group took their first steps into the castle.

Minerva stood by the main doors and waited for all of the newest first years. Ever since Albus Dumbledore had become Headmaster of Hogwarts, she had become the transfiguration teacher as well as head of the Hogwarts house Gryffindor. Once she felt that the entire group had arrived, she began the same speech that she said every year whilst looking at all of the students. Her eyes focused onto a group of students at the back and her speech faltered for a second as she watched water drip down their robes. "Why are you three covered in water?"