Ambrette Town Showcase (Part 2)

"Here we go! It's time for our exciting freestyle performances! Were Performer and Pokemon unite as one. Get ready for a one of a kind stage - a combination of performance and skill. A Performer may use up to six Pokemon and of course, the judge will be you in the audience. Relax and enjoy our freestyle performance! First up is Performer Locket!"

Throught the Showcase Hall all lights went out. Several lights shone on the stage as Locket entered on the platform. Her hands were held together on her chest in a pleading manner. Chespin and Espurr stood along side their trainer with a smile on their faces. As low music began to play Locket smiled at the crowd. She begins her performance with jazz hands on the sides of her face. "Espurr, use psybeam!" Locket called out. The small feline Pokemon nodded, she backed up several paces before useing her psybeam. The psybeam snaked its way towards Locket and Chespin, who grabbed each others hand/paws to spin together, causing the psbeam to circle around the two. "Chespin and Espurr use Pin Missle and Disarmed Voice!" Still spinning with Locket, Chespin shoot his attack into the air. Espurr followed suit with her Disarmed Voice. Locket let go of Chespin to jump through the now formed ring of Pin Missle and Disarmed Voice. As Locket landed back on the ground she leaves a trail of sparkles behind her. Chespin hoped onto her head and does a front flip. Together Espurr, Chespin, and Locket all give a final pose and bow. "Thank you everybody!"

Slightly out of breath Locket picked up her Espurr and Chespin to hug them. Simultaneously Espurr and Chespin cheered with glee. They had done their first performance and were as happy as could be!

***************************

"Now it is time for the judging!" Announced Pierre from the front of the showcase stage. He stood up straight and waved a hand over to all the other performer's who had made it to the freestyle performance.

"Which one of these lovely ladies has captured your taste with their performance? You may cast your vote on the count of three - one... two... three!"

As quick as a Latias, votes began to come in. Hundreds of beautiful spots of lights trailed there way towards the performers on stage.

Locket looked down at her glow-reciving-pendant. Her eyes grew at the green glowing spots went to her. Could she really have done so well to have gotten this many votes?

Several seconds passed by and the votes were becoming fewer and fewer. Pierre turned his attention back up to an invisible force in the air, he nodded his head and returned his attention to the crowd.

"Now that the votes are tallied, let's see who has won! The Performer who will get today's princess key is none other than Performer Ran! Congratulations!"

A girl with pink hair, several feet away from Locket, began jumping up and down. She twirled in place to hug her partner Pokemon, Plusle.

Locket applauded for the gorl who had won and exited the stage with the rest of the loosing performers.

'Well, at least I did my best!' Locket thought to herself. She was extremely disappointed, but decided to stay strong for her Pokemon.

Chespin and Espurr jumped onto Locket's shoulders as she walked backstage. They both knew their trainer was sad and wanted to help - they just didn't know how to help.

***************************

"Let's spend the night here in Ambrette Town once more. Would that sound fun?" Armor asked.

The showcase was now over and all Performer's had gone their seperate ways. As for Locket she stayed wuth Armor and were now both heading towards a late night ice cream shop.

Though the Chespin trainer was upset, she hid any traces away with a smile. After all that's what she had gotten used to doing...

"Sure! Let's get some ice cream!" Locket cheered as the trainers approached the ice cream shop. The shop was a basic food vendure. An open window and a food inside.

Both Armor and Locket asked for their ice creams - Armor getting Vanilla, and Locket getting Chocolate. Swirl was Locket's favorite ice cream, but only half of her was up to getting what she felt like.

After paying for the food the pair walked towards the Pokemon Center. Along the way Armor complimented Locket on how well he thought she did and that she should've got first place - instead of last.

Locket of course acted as if she were happy. She didn't want to show her sad side to anyone, ever!

Once the two arrived to the Pokemon Center, Armor quickly made another room reservation. Something the Nurse said made the male blush, but he shook it off and took his leave to the room he was given for the night.

After retiring to said room for night, Locket tossed and turned in her seperate bed. She couldn't get over the fact that she lost. Never in her entire life had she had such a new experience to only be crushed in seconds.

'I can't do this! Why did I even leave in the first place? I can never amount to anything out here. I can't even call my own parents to ask for help because I ran away!' Locket was now sitting up in her bed. Both Chespin and Espurr were asleep in each other's arms.

Carefully the girl rose out of her bed and started for the exit. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure nobody had woken up before leaving the room.

Our side the room lay the dark Pokemon Center. Quickly Locket tip-toed out the Pokemon Center's front door to the battle area on the side of the building.

When she was sure nobody was around, Locket removed her pink heart locket, ready to throw it as far as she could, when she heard a twig snap. Quickly the blue haired girl looked around to see who it was.

Standing behind her was Armor. Worry shone in his eyes as he looked at her.

Neither of the two spoke, they both just stated at each other. No words needed to be spoken to express how hurt the girl was.

Although, Armor risked the moment and spoke himself.

"Is everything alright?"

Just those simple words were enough to break Locket. Her eyes burned as tears began to fall down her face. She quickly ran to Armor, burrying her face in his chest, her hands grasping at the sleeves of his shirt. The way she sobbed into him showed that she needed him to help her.

Out of pure instinct, Armor put his hands on Locket's shoulder's. He gently shoved her away to look at her face - puffy and stained with tears. Several moments of silent sobbing passed before Armor wrapped his arms around Locket in a tight hug.

There the two stood in a peaceful hug, tears becoming fewer and fewer.

'Even though he's a boy, he's a great comforter.' Locket thought as she subconsciously nuzzeled her face deeper into Armor's chest. 'Thanks for being my friend Armor.'