Chapter 9: He Did What?!

*Ross's POV*

I ran around the house, annoyed and frustrated as to what I was going to wear tonight.

I really wanted to make a good impression on Taylor, so I was trying to find the perfect outfit.

"Dude, stop running! You've got plenty of time to look perfect for Taylor. Just chill!" Riker stopped me in my path. I looked up and him and laughed.

"You're right, I'm taking this way too seriously. I just need to find the right outfit to wear. I'm gonna go check my room again. Thanks." I said back to Riker, giving him a bro-hug before walking off.

I eventually found something that I thought looked presentable and suitable: turquoise blue t-shirt with my leather jacket over it, black jeans and white hi-tops. I looked at myself happily in the mirror, then went to Mom's room for her to check me over.

When I went downstairs, mostly everybody was there except Rydel. The boys looked great.

Riker had a green shirt on with his signature black blazer, with black jeans and white converse.

Rocky had a purple shirt on with a denim vest, plus grey jeans and his famous green converse.

Ryland had a basic band t-shirt on with denim jeans and red converse.

"So, who's the lucky lady?" My dad asked. I hadn't noticed he was sitting at the table.

"Wha-what? Dad, can't I just dress up nicely for dinner? Is that a crime?" I replied, trying not to show I was blushing.

"It's Taylor Parks, Dad." Rocky admitted while smiling. I punched him in the arm and glared at him.

"Wait, Taylor Parks from Colorado?" My dad asked hopefully.

We all nodded, smiling.

"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen the Parks since we moved! How exciting! Is Stewart coming?" My dad questioned.

"Well, we're not sure. He didn't seem to be around earlier. He would've come out to see us, of course. Maybe he's still in Colorado!" Ryland answered.

Something wasn't right. I could feel it.

We all stopped talking as soon as we saw Delly come into the kitchen. She looked beautiful.

*Rydel's POV*

I looked through my wardrobe, desperate to find an outfit suitable for tonight. I really wanted to make a good impression on Cameron. I may have a tiny little crush on him. But I've only seen him for one day, so we will have to wait and see!

Anyway, I eventually found something that I felt was perfect: bright pink peplum top, black shiny leggings and black wedges. I curled my hair and put on a chunky silver necklace and matching earrings. I added a little makeup: golden shimmer, silver shimmer eyeshadow, mascara and pink lipgloss.

I looked in the mirror, feeling satisfied with my outfit. I walked downstairs into the kitchen where everybody was. As each of them saw me, they stopped talking and stared at me, speechless.

"So," I twirled around. "What do ya think?"

"You look amazing, Del!" Rocky said.

"Yeah, you look beautiful, Delly." Ryland and Ross agreed.

"Stunning, honey." My mom said to me in satisfaction. I smiled and blushed.

"Thanks, everybody."

"Now, then." Riker began. "You're getting all dolled up for one night in, there must be a reason for it!"

"Can't a girl have fun dressing up for a night in?" I said to him while staring him down.