Chapter 29: Eavesdropping Paid Off

*Taylor's POV*

I was sitting downstairs alone. Mom had left the house early to go to work, and Cameron had gone to baseball trials.

I was watching TV in the living room when I heard a knock at the door.

I ran to the door and opened it. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw who was standing behind the door.

Danny.

There he was, wearing denim ripped jeans, a blue Hollister shirt and a pair of grey hi-tops, and holding a bunch of lavender coloured roses: my favourite.

"Hi." He greeted me nervously.

"Hey." I replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologise for the other night. I knew what I did was wrong, and I'm sorry for it." He said, looking sorrowfully into my eyes.

"You wanna come in?" I asked, gesturing inside.

"Sure." He nodded and began to walk in.

"Oh! These are for you: they're a little 'I'm sorry' gift." He stated shyly, handing me the roses.

"Aww, thank you, Danny, they're lovely." I smiled as I put them in a vase full of water.

We walked into the living room and sat down. I switched the TV off and faced Danny.

"So, you were saying?" I asked him to continue.

"Listen." He started. "I'm really, really sorry about what happened. It was in the spur of the moment, and it wasn't intended at all."

"I know. It's ok, it's just I didn't expect it, that's all." I let out a small laugh.

"Honestly, Ross is such a lucky guy." He sighed. Then he murmured, "I really don't know what you see in him though."

I was shocked. How could Danny say something like that?!

"Excuse me?" I asked sassily.

"I said that I really don't know what you see in him." He replied. "I mean, there's a lot of guys better than him around."

"Who? You? Since we're being honest, Danny, I may as well tell you the truth." My voice got slightly louder.

"To me, Ross is the most amazing person in the world. I'm not talking about his looks, as nice as they are, I'm talking about the person inside. He's sweet, caring, funny. He's perfect inside and out, and I'd choose him over you ANY day."

Danny just sat there, eyebrows raised.

"Oh, Ross is so perfect, is he? Then why did he leave you all those years ago?" He snapped.

"BECAUSE HE HAD TO! HE MOVED TO FOLLOW HIS DREAMS! IT WAS FOR THE BEST!" I yelled at him.

"OH, YEAH? IT WAS FOR THE BEST, WAS IT? WELL, IF IT WAS FOR THE BEST, WHY DID YOU CUT? WERE YOU THAT DEPRESSED?" Danny screamed back at me.

I leapt up, ready to pounce. "YOU TAKE THAT BACK. YOU KNOW THAT I CUT FOR A DIFFERENT REASON THAN ROSS LEAVING." I screeched at him.

"NO. IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF HIM. IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIM YOU BECAME A DEPRESSED, SAD LITTLE BITCH!" He got up, screaming in my face.

"Woah, woah, woah!" I heard someone shout over us and footsteps running.

I turned around to see Ross running towards me and the rest of the Lynches following.

Ross stood in front of me protectively, so he was facing Danny.

"What's going on?" Ross demanded.