It's A Date! |Underswap!Sans x Reader

"HUMAAAAAN! YOU MUST GIVE THE MAGNIFICENT SANS A PIGGYBACK RIDE!"

Before you even had time to say "what", you felt a force crash into you. If not for the warning beforehand, you surely would have fallen over.

"Sans oh my God...you're..so..heavy.." You grunted, as the short skeleton giggled and wrapped his arms around your neck.

"Really?" He asked you, confused. "I'm made of bones so I should be light as fea-"

"IT'S ALL THAT ARMOR YOU HAVE ON, YOU FREAKING BLUEBERRY!! It's weighing me down! Can't you just take it off?" You whined. Sans just looked at you, shocked. "Take off myhero suit?! No way!!"

Groaning internally, you wondered why he always had to be so stubborn.

"Really, [y/n]..it's not that bad." You glared up at his brother, Papyrus, who was sitting at his post and making himself a hotdog. The amount of ketchup he squirted onto it made you almost gag. "You just gotta put a little more backbone into it. Nyeheheh~"

"Paps you're not helping-"

"COME ON HUMAN! MUSH! LEAD THE WAY TO VICTORY!" Sans cried, pointing into a random direction that happened to be the village of Snowdin.

"Fiiiine," you sighed, grabbing hold of his legs so he wouldn't fall. "If it keeps you quiet.." The skeleton only giggled, giddy with excitement as you walked through the snow and towards the town. Papyrus waved goodbye to you and continued making his hotdogs.
....

"Sans! Is this what I trained you be? Are you becoming a lazybone like your brother?"

You stopped dead in your tracks, seeing the armor-clad Alphys before you looking very crossed and disgusted. "Mweheheh..sorry, Miss Alphys," Sans blushed blue as he climbed off your back. "I heard [y/n] wanted to join the Royal Guard."

You looked back at the skeleton, shocked. "I did NOT say tha-"

"A-And I was training her to um..be able to carry heavy loads! Yeah that's what I was doing!"

"That so?" Alphys huffed, folding her arms across her chest before looking at you with her one, good eye. "If you wanna join the Guard, you're gonna have to talk to me. I'm still training Sans so he isn't exactly the most...reliable person to talk to."

"But when will you accept me?" Sans clasped his hands together, looking up at her hopefully. "I-I've already shown you all my new techniques-!"

"They need more evaluation. Now if you'll excuse me I must get going." With her battle axe over her shoulder, Alphys marched past the two of you, disappearing into the forest.

Hearing a sigh, you looked back at Sans to see him sitting on a rock, looking rather gloomy. "Sans..are you okay?" You asked, sitting next to him since there was room and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I-I don't understand," he sulked, "I just w-want to become as powerful and popular as she is..I..I just want to make more friends! I-Is that so much t-to ask for??" At this point tears were welling in his eye sockets, a sight that made your heart ache.

"Sans, you're already popular!" You spoke before he could start crying.

Sniffling, the skeleton looked at you, confused. "W-What?"

"I mean..everyone is town knows your name! Some of them look up to you as their role model! And you're already as powerful as can be with your blue attacks."

"Really?" Sans' eye sockets widened, blue stars appearing in them as he grinned.

"Yeah," you nodded, smiling "the Magnificent Sans can't get anymore..magnificent than that, can he?"

"Hmm..I guess you are right, human," the stout skeleton agreed, giving you a bear hug. "Thank you for lifting my spirits up! I'll just have to try harder!"

You just giggled, returning the hug for a while.'Man..I admire his ambition. Wish I could be as courageous as he is-'

"Nyeheheh," came the chuckle of a certainother skeleton. "My bro's finally got a date?"

"P-P-Paps?!!?" Sans squeaked, letting go of you, blue blush dusted across his cheeks as he looked up at his brother. "Are you spying on the human and I-?!"

"Easy there, bro," Papyrus put his hands out, showing you that he had two hot dogs in them. "I made these for you."

"Thank you, Papyrus," you smiled, accepting the food as did Sans, who frowned slightly. "Welp, at least you do something productive for once."

The taller skeleton chuckled, lighting another cigarette. "Anyways, I'm off to Muffet's. Wanna join me?"

"No thanks, Paps," you waved it off, "we'll catch up later."

"Well, suit yourself." With a shrug, Papyrus turned on his heel and started for his favorite restaurant, leaving you and Sans alone.

The next few minutes were bliss as you both ate your hotdogs. Sans told you stories of his first encounter with another human-Chara-and some funny things that happened while he was training with Alphys and the Royal Guards.
You wouldn't lie: Sans, as narcissistic and boisterous as he can get, was a real sweetheart, who could make a friend in no time flat. You thought it was sweet of how the younger Monsters always looked up to him as their hero.

Once you finished your hotdogs, you stood up. "That was delicious, but how about we go and get something to drink? I'm parched-" As you turned away, you felt a hand tugging on the bottom of your shirt.

"...Sans?" Looking down, you saw the skeleton blushing slightly, letting go of your clothing. "Umm..hu-I mean..[y/n]." You raised an eyebrow. That was the first time he said your actual name.

"D-Do you..um...w-wanna..ah...d-don't give me that weird look!" He stuttered, glaring at you, though it made him look more cute than angry--at least in your eyes.

"Sorry, Sans. But what is it?" You asked, sitting down once more. "You can tell-"

"Wannagooneadatewithme?"

"....pardon?"

"Do you..wanna go on a d-date with me?" He asked you slowly, staring down at his lap. "It's just..you've been meeting ALL my standards. Not only that but I kinda..I..you...ah..."

"I think I know what you mean, Sans." You smiled. Sans snapped his head up, his eye sockets widening as you pressed your lips to his cheek. "Yes. I'll go on a date with you-"

"W-W-Wowie!" He giggled, placing his hand over the spot where you kissed him, before he looked over at you. "We must tell Papyrus it's a date now!!"

Sans jumped up and turned to you, offering his hand. 'Such a gentleman,' you thought, smiling as you took his hand...and he immediately sprinted off to Muffet's.

"WOAH SANS SLOW DOWN JESUS!!"

"NO TIME, HUMAN! GREATNESS AWAITS US!!"

'I only hope so,' you thought as you were being half dragged through the snow, wondering what made you fall in love with the childish, yet heroic and kind-hearted skeleton to begin with.