And the Truth Comes Out

You sat on the couch staring at the television blankly. Joji had his legs stretched across your lap and Sonja lied on the floor while Rick and Morty played. Normally you would be happy to watch the show, but your mind was obviously in many other places. You had left your phone tucked somewhere in your bed because you had no desire to read notifications, or bare a text or call from anyone... Or Ian.
"Well girl, I gotta go." Sonja sretched as she rolled onto her back. She sat up and slid her sneakers on. Standing up she tucked her phone into the back of her jeans. "Tucker keeps telling me he's craving wings so I gotta stop for him." She stepped towards the couch and you pushed Jojis legs off your lap. Standing up your arms swing up and around her neck. You guys hugged for a few seconds. She had become the best person in your life, especially now. You honestly had no desire to go of her, but you knew she had to go. She was familiar and made you feel less empty.
"Thank you for being here, and ya know, letting me in on what happened." You spoke softly and pulled back. Your eyes met with hers and you could see the empathy they held.
Sonja's hands slid from your back and she gripped your hands with hers. "I could never leave you hanging. I only want my friends to be happy." She gave a small smile and released your hands. She stepped past the couch and left through the front door.
The whole time Joji's eyes were glued to you. As you sat you glanced over and noticed him staring. Once you were settled onto the couch you lifted your hands from your lap to motion to Joji that he could rest his legs back on you. Instead he sat up and leaned his back against the arm rest to face you. You voided your eyes back to the television after he denied your lap offer.
"(Y/n).. Can I give some insight into this situation?"
You glanced at him and shrugged, "Won't bother me."
Joji spoke in a deep mumble, "That girl, Juliana, she made moves on Ian. Ian never once tried to get with her. They literally took one picture." You looked at him with a puzzled look. "After the party some people saw her leave with us, but she only rode in the uber with Ian, Max, and myself. After that, she went back with me to Ian's place. We slept together."
Your eyes got glossy and you could feel the skin under your eye get cold, tears were starting. "No... What? She said she knew him though?"
"Maybe she just figured it'd be something to lash out with since her idol has a girlfriend. And the fact she stayed in the same apartment as him. But trust me, they never touched each other, only the photo happened. " Joji diverted his eyes from you and rubbed the back of his neck as he sat forward on the couch and planted his feet firmly on the ground. "I'm sorry.."
"Why didn't you say anything sooner? I'm not angry.. I mean yeah I am angry, but Joji come on. I yelled at Ian and showed him the angriest version of myself that no one deserves to see." You rubbed your arm nervously. "Why didn't I believe him.. I need to go talk to him." You stood up and made way to your room. You dug through the covers on our bed for your phone. Finally finding it, you read through some of the messages and notifications. Whatever.
There were several missed calls from Ian and one voicemail. You swiped it and put the phne to your ear while taking a deep breath.
'Hey (Y/n).. Sorry it's so late and I'm calling. You probably won't even listen to this, but I'm heading back to Texas for a few days to just get away. Sorry, that this all happened. This was all the biggest misunderstanding.'
He sounded so tired and like he had been crying. What a pussy. As you listened to it though you spoke to yourself, "No.. I am so sorry. Jesus Christ..." You hung up before even finishing listening to the voicemail and jogged into the living room. Joji was gone. What? I never heard the front door. You scanned your apartment and couldn't find Joji. Maybe he felt so bad and just left. I need to find Ian, maybe he hasn left yet.
You rushed to slide on your sneakers and slipped out the front door. You lightly jogged up the stars and down the hall to his apartment. You gripped your phone so tightly that you could the feel the edges imprinting your skin. When you reached the apartment door you heard some bumping and thumps inside. You knocked and heard footsteps followed by grumbles. As the door flung open there stood the same dumbface you fell in love with. Without even saying a word you reached up and grabbed Ian's face and crashed your lips into his. You heard a gasp from him, but felt his hands plant themselves firmly on your waist. His fingers firmly pressed into our skin and you pulled back.
"I am a dumbass. I am so sorry for not trusting you. I fucked up." Your eyes watched his facial expressions as he started to stupidly grin.
"Yah you fucked up." You rolled your eyes and let out a sigh as he chuckled. "I'm sorry that I didn't say much. Joji didn't want me to say shit about him and the girl. I also got so upset just seeing you angry and upset, I didn't think you would still believe me. I mean, Joji, with a girl? Yeah, rare shit." You grinned and laned in for another kiss. This time it felt deeper and more familiar. You would have never been able to live without this feeling, his lips, taste, his hands, just Ian.
He pulled back and stared at you with a small wave of worry washing over his face. "There is a problem though." You felt a lump form in your throat. Kill me.