Stats

The statistics of  how many people have ADHD has a wide range of variations .  There are estimates  that there are three to seven percent of  all children that have ADHD  which means fifty seven million children have ADHD ("Tracking A Rise").  A estimate of ADHD children is more than a million  children in just the United States (Quinn & Stern). An estimate of the CDC says 5.2 million Children from three to seventeen in US have ADHD ("New Gene"). Us Newswire has said that ADHD affects one in twenty children world wide ("ADHD Genes").About 4.1% of adults in america that are eighteen to forty-four have ADHD and the amount of people diagnosed with ADHD has doubled every seven years ("There is More").  Through all statistics becoming evident that this rise in ADHD could because children are changing due lack of movement during the day and this is causing more that have ADHD ("Tracking A Rise").  Also other possible causes for the rise of those diagnosed with ADHD is false diagnoses from doctors.Acute cases have normal kids getting diagnosed with ADHD ("Tracking A Rise)". The Merck Manual has a different explanation by saying exposure to substances that are toxic and food additives like Blue No.1, Red No.3 are the main causes of ADHD. A  different cause according to Gephart, ADHD is also highly genetic and runs in families could also be responsible for the rise in ADHD (Gephart).