Free at last

Selena's POV

Finally I don't have to wear a stupid cast or use stupid crutches. FREE AT LAST.

I quickly rush out the door grabbing a lunch and an apple for breakfast. I hop in my car and lock the doors, not allowing Hunter to enter.

I drive to the school still stressed out.

******

It's almost the end of the day and all my teachers are complaining about me falling asleep in class. I would tell them, but then they'd get involved. I don't want that. I decided I'd stay with Hunter and his mother no matter how much I hated him. No way would I go back to Victoria. No way would I go to my real mother either.

******

I get home and look at my phone.

4 missed calls. 7 new messages. From Sierra.

I sigh and turn my phone back off for a moment. I decide I'm sick of hiding, of being afraid. I call her back.

"Selena?" a familiar yet shocked voice asks.

"What do you want, Sierra?" I ask very impolitely.

"My daughter." she says.

"She's been abandoned. Go handle her TWIN BROTHER instead," I yell.

"I'm sorry, okay?" she yells back into the phone.

"Okay listen. Sorry is not gonna cut it. Not this time. I would've been mad if you had told me you had kept my twin brother, not me, but now I'm pissed because you lied and I still don't even have an explanation for that," I tell her.

I hear crying at the other end and hang up. I can't deal with this.

Hillary is gone out tonight and Hunter is god knows where.

I sneak into the fridge and grab one of the dozens of vodka bottles in there. Finally I can chill on my own. I take the bottle to my room. An hour later I've drank the whole thing. Hunter walks into my room apologizing, until he realizes I'm drunk.

"I'm so sorry can you ever forg- wait what??" he yells.

"You got drunk? What's wrong?" I feel like he cares right now. I know he doesn't.

He sits down beside me and begins kissing my neck.

"No please Hunter," I push him away.

"Okay," he pouts and leaves me alone.

Even drunk I can realize how I really feel. I love Hunter, he just needs to stop with my sister. I love my real mom but she needs to be honest. I go to Hunters room and explain how I feel when his mom walks in and I panic, considering I am still drunk, at least I'm sobering up a bit.

"Hey Hunter and Selena...." she says winking at me jokingly.

I send her a convincing smile, then return to my room and sleep.

*******

I wake up and immediately frown to myself. I need to stop shutting everybody out. I need to welcome everyone back in no matter what they've done. One more chance.

I text Hunter how I feel, as he's already left for school, but obviously Hunter must've told his mom about me drinking and she left me be. I also text Sierra.

Selena:
Hi Sierra. I know I've been a bitch lately. And I haven't given you a chance to explain yourself, which is undoubtedly my mistake. I want to get to know you and have a mother figure in my life. Are you ready to be that mother figure and finally accept me as your own and explain to me how you chose one twin over the other?

I sigh as I read over the message I've just sent. Then she answers.

Sierra:
Hey Selena. You have most definitely NOT been a bitch lately. That would be me. I do wish you had given me time to explain but I far from deserved it. I want to be there for you. I can't say I have a valid explanation for your brother and you. I only wanted one child along with Joshua. We couldn't afford two children and decided one had to leave. Both of us had been hoping for a boy since the beginning and decided you'd probably have a better life somewhere else. The surprising part is how you still managed to make it back to me. I want to be a true mother.

I sigh.

Selena:
What does Joshua say about this?

Sierra:
Well he's not as supportive. He wants to be there for you and all, but he says he's not giving any 'special treatment' because we gave you up.

Selena:
Harsh.

Sierra:
I think he just has to get to know you.

Selena:
Maybe.

Just then Hunter replies. He sends me a long apology letter that melts my heart. I suddenly hear his mom walking up the stairs so I tuck my phone under the covers and pretend to be asleep.

"Selena?" she asks.

"Yes?" I reply sleepily.

"Would you like some breakfast?" she offers.

"Yes please," I answer with a yawn.

"Hillary, can I ask you something?" I say.

"Of course," she smiles.

"Do you think Hunter loves me?" I ask.

She thinks about this, probably thinking the best way to word it.

"No. I don't think he does. I know he does. Hunter has repeatedly said he loves you. Hunter is very protective. If you are close or affectionate with someone else or refuse what he asks of you he has his ways of getting revenge," she begins.

"Also, he asked me that same question this morning," she smiles.

He wonders if I love him?? I feel my cheeks warm up as I laugh to myself as I walk down the stairs behind Hillary for breakfast.