The Call from Chippewa

Booth's POV

((Author's note: in this story, Parker is Booth and Brennan's son and they got married in 1999. They had Parker in 2000, Christine in 2009 and Hank in 2014). I know that in reality he would be put in the foster system again, but they'll have the right to adopt him with Caroline's arrangements.))

I sat in my office and pondered over a case file. A few days ago, a body had been found floating in the river (decomposed of course). It had been a twenty-year-old male who had only been interested in having the bachelor life. That was normal for his age, of course, but it still made me glad I had decided to go straight into the army and now the FBI. At that age, I would've been interested in dating, but I was busy training and then doing things in the army. Anyways, the only family we had to inform were his parents and his 17-year-old brother. They were very upset but they were the only ones who seemed to care. It had appeared that he left a string of broken hearts. He was known as the heart breaker. It was a guy who I would never ever ever let Christine date. He was a really terrible guy but hey, he was murdered. So we solved the case. It had been one of the women he had dumped (the last one) that had murdered him out of jealousy and anger. Now, we were waiting for another case.

As I sat at my desk, Caroline walked in. Ever since I met her, she normally just walks in without knocking or calling earlier in advanced. Normally, I'd be upset but whenever it's one of my close friends, I don't really care. I actually enjoy it because they're not all stuffy and uptight. The bosses or other coworkers who just barely know me knock before they come in.

"Hey Caroline, what's up?" I sat at my desk. On the front of my desk was a bobble-head and a picture of Bones and me along with Parker and me.

"We've got a case in Chippewa, cher. A teenage boy is abused and they suspect the parents kidnapped him. He's got serious bruises and he needs help soon."

I looked at her. "Alright, you have agents go take his parents into custody and you can bring him here to DC. I'll look up the information. Do not let the boy have any contact with his parents."

She nodded. "His name is Sam Weir. He's 14 years old and is supposedly the son of Harold Weir, the owner of A1 Sporting Goods and Jean Weir, a stay at home mom. But they suspect that he's been kidnapped and had his name changed because they can't find him in the system."

As she spoke, I had typed the information and a result popped up. "Oh. His name is Lance Sweets. He was born on July 20, 2002 to Noah and Riley Sweets. Noah is in prison for assault for twenty years. Riley Sweets was killed in a drunk driving accident. He's been missing for about fourteen years. He was last spotted in the Chicago Ridge Mall."

She sighed. "That poor boy."

I nodded. "Tell you this, I'll go pick him up and have Bones come along. I'll have the parents taken into custody. Do they have any other children?"

"Just one. Lindsay Weir. She's 16 years old."

"I'll have her in emergency custody."

"Alright cher. Just go talk to that brilliant doctor and have her team help."

I grinned and then called Bones.

"Hey Bones."

"Hey Booth," I heard Bones moving the bones from a set of remains.

"We're gonna need to go to Chippewa to go get a little boy and bring him to the FBI."