First Arrival

Brennan's POV 

As we drove away from those terrible people to, we headed to the doctor. It wasn't like a doctor from the doctor's office. My friend who worked in the lab, Dr. Saroyan had agreed to give a full check-up to Lance or as he knows himself, Sam. It took us about a day to drive from Wisconsin to DC. I was so sad for that poor little boy.  When I had helped him up, he looked really small. He looked like he was only twelve. From the standard height and weight chart, he was small. He was only a few pounds underweight, but he definitely was malnourished. My heart broke for that little boy. When I was holding him, I felt him relax. I could tell Booth wanted to adopt him too. Seriously, that boy had melted his way into my heart. He was so sweet and so cute. I couldn't understand why his family could be so cruel to him. I made a mental note to get him as many clothes as I could buy. I loved this little boy more than anything except Booth, Parker, Christine and Hank. 

His "parents" were flown to DC and kept in custody. By a court order given by Caroline (ordered by Booth), they could have no contact with the boy until further notice. He (and I) were afraid that they would say something that would make him lie about them abusing him. Already, I hated them for hurting such an innocent little boy. They had implied many bruises. I knew we'd need to get X-Rays and examinations for him, but I was glad he was out of their claws. The poor boy had suffered quite a bit. My heart broke for that poor little boy. I wanted to hug him to my chest and never let him go. 

During the day, we'd gotten three meals. We got breakfast and got Lance a waffle with an egg and bacon with juice. For lunch, we'd gotten Lance two sandwiches with chips and a big glass of milk. He seemed to be gaining back strength. For supper, we'd gotten him steak with potatoes and a roll. Since the trial was set for Thursday which was in three days, we didn't have much time. Caroline had assured us that she had arranged for us to adopt him. Tomorrow though, we needed to break the news to him. I had a feeling though he kind of suspected it. 

We finally arrived in DC. It was about eleven at night. I was driving the last half. Booth and Lance were both fast asleep.

I parked at our house and gently turned off the sound. I had arranged for the kids to go to Jack and Angela's while he gets used to us here. 

Booth woke up and I opened the door. Lance was covered up in a blanket. Angela had brought a few clothes for Lance that she'd bought. I hated to leave him so dirty, but he would get a gentle bath at the Jeffersonian. I had insisted on not leaving his side, so I would get to remain there for the tests and conduct the X-Rays. 

I gently shook him awake and he got out of the car. He walked into the house and winced a little when I rubbed his back. I let him choose his pajamas and he put himself in bed. I tucked him in and kissed him good night. Sweet dreams, Lance